Sunday, January 04, 2009

Special breakfast

Here is how a typical weekend-morning conversation goes between Jamin & Naomi:

Jamin: Good morning, Naomi
Naomi: Are you going to work today?
Jamin: Nope
Naomi: Want to make special breakfast??

Today the "special breakfast" was letter-shaped pancakes. My dad used to do this for me when I was growing up. It's a great memory that I have and it makes me happy to know that Naomi will have this memory too.

Naomi's initials
My initials

6 comments:

Mark & Cheryl said...

Aww that is so cute! Pancakes are usually are special weekend breakfast choice too...we'll have to give the letters a try.

Sarah said...

This is a really sweet memory for you and Naomi. Your kids are really blessed to have so much parental input day-by-day.

Anonymous said...

Try making a pancake man,the're fun too.Do you have the book? love,Aunt Jane

The Barretts said...

Pancake man? Sounds fun! Hmm...no, we don't have that book.

Kevin, Sonya, Claire & Max said...

LOVE the new do! I need to get mind done some day soon. I really LOVE it. Also love the pancake idea. Also can here Jamin's voice in my head as I read that convo.
ha!

The Barretts said...

Thanks, Sonya. You are very observant. :) If you liked the hair in the morning, wait until I actually do it!!