Sunday, January 11, 2009

Weekend in review

As usual, the weekend has gone by quickly. I so love weekends. It's great to have Jamin home for a couple of days.

I am going to start playing volleyball at the local rec center. I went on Friday night, but sadly, no one showed up to play. They play on Tuesday nights here too, so I think I'll give that a try this week. It'll be interested to see how I am after taking a few years off. I'll let you know.

Saturday we enjoyed a visit from Peter & Neenie. Peter gave Jamin a ton of his old clothes and Jamin was so excited! Peter often give Jamin his "old" clothes and Jamin estimates than 75% of his closet is from Peter. Pretty sweet deal for us! Here is a shot of some of his clothes; again, mostly from Peter! (that bottom part of the closet is mine; not quite so many clothes)Got a couple of shots with Peter & Neenie with Micah. He's not always up for being held by people other than Jamin & I, so I made sure to get some pics!Last night, Dean & Jen came over and we played Settlers. FUN TIMES! Maybe it was so fun because I won!! Jamin usually seems to win, so I was happy to pull in the victory. I'm on a winning streak right now...well, 2 games in a row is a streak for me :) Now, we need to have Pete Tattrie back over so I can beat him.

I really wanted to get a picture of me in my winning glory, but I could NOT find the camera. I had hid it earlier in the day so Micah wouldn't get it. Oh well, serves me right.Today we enjoyed a visit from Bob & Elsie and Jonny & Holly. Jonny & Holly are heading to Europe, then Africa for a few months. Here are the excited travellers.Here are Bob & Elsie. Bob makes me laugh :)Last, but certainly not least, check out this window seat & pillows that Jamin's Aunt Cindy made for us. I love it! She did an awesome job! Thanks so much, Cindy!!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

wow, i love your window seat! it's the perfect addition to the window...now Naomi can sit in style and comfort while watching for her Daddy to come home! :) it looks great.

Unknown said...

PS: Congrats on your Settlers win. We also played this weekend, however, I was not so fortunate.

Anonymous said...

So glad everything fits!! How does the color match the leather furniture? Hope you get lots of wear out of this! OX Cindy

The Barretts said...

It matches great, Cindy! You did such a great job!

Amanda MacLeod, B.A.A, B.Ed. said...

WOW! I love the window seat. Looks so complete and comfortable! I have to admit...I am jealous that Jamin gets Pete's "old" clothing!! I wish Jeff had someone to give him hand me downs! The wardrobe is looking pretty rough these days!

Kevin, Sonya, Claire & Max said...

Sarah you better protect that window sea with your life, from one thing... SPIT UP... and I know you know whose spit we are talking about!

Tamara, Matt, Bethany and Madelyn said...

Love the window seat, it does look great!!!!!

Ian Lau said...

I can't believe Jamin flew to Toronto - TWICE! Don't they have airports in between they could land at?

You think one would get use to flying after a while, but I actually hate it more and more as I rack up the miles.

We had lobsters over the holidays as well. They were being advertised on Toronto radio as "fresh from Nova Scotia".

Note to Naomi: it was a Fisher Price doctor's set that got me started on the road toward medicine.