Monday, January 16, 2006

Predictions Time

I was thinking...there are approximately 8 weeks left until our due date. By the way, that date is around March 8th-12th. We get both dates depending on the ultrasound, etc. So, I was thinking it would be a good time for you to place your guesses on the following things:

1) gender: girl or boy?
2) birth date/time: that's basic...what day will the baby be born and at what time? be sure to specify am or pm
3) weight & height: how much will this little one weigh and how long will s/he be?

So, place your bets and when it's all said & done we'll announce the winner. We'll see who was closest on most things. I'll get Jamin to make up some complicated points system! :)

You must place your guess by January 31st. Happy guessing!!!

32 comments:

Unknown said...

And that's what happens when a math major and an engineer are expecting a baby...!
1)girl
2)March 10th, 8:35pm
3)8lbs, 2oz; 11 1/2" long
And I'd like to add that if this wee little girl is born with hair, that it will be brown and curly, blue eyes, too.
I can't WAIT!!

Ian Lau said...

6'4, 240lbs
born wearing a pair of skates already and raring to go.

'k seriously.. can i ask a few questions before venturing a guess? there are apparently some factors out there that affect gender outcome. the biggest one being time of conception relative to time of ovulation - but i'll spare you the embarrassment and not ask that one. there are even more "revealing" factors dealing with douching, positions, sperm count, orgasms, etc. ..but let's not go there. here's my list of questions if i may:

1) Does Jamin drink coffee? How many cups a day?
2) Does Jamin wear boxers or briefs?
3) Sarah, would you describe your diet as more A or B:
A - high in potassium and sodium (vegetables, bananas, fish, and meat)
B - high in calcium and magnesium (milk, beans, cereals, cheese, and nuts)

also, i'd like to see the scoring system first please =+)
thanks you two and take care!

The Barretts said...

Hi Ian: Not hard to tell you're in med school..and I'll stick to answering some of your more tame questions :)

1) Jamin does not drink coffee
2) Jamin wears boxers
3) More B than A, but still lots of A

Hope this helps! :)

Unknown said...

Whoops. As Sarah pointed out, an 11 1/2" baby would be pretty teeny. I meant 21 1/2".

Bryan said...

Lau,
I don't care if you're a doctor or not... there are kids reading this blog.

You're a bad man!

lol

K & G said...

hmm.. I'll give this a shot:)

1) a girl
2) March 11th, 6:05am
3) 7 1/2lbs, 20" long

Any baby names picked out yet?

Ian Lau said...

1) male
2) 8/3/06 00:01
3) 7lbs 14oz; 20.5in

Bev said...

1. Girl
2. March 14, 0754... I know the date is past the ones specified, but babies are alomst always late, and the 14th is a full moon, and crazy things happen on a full moon!
3. 7lbs 6oz, 21" long
Looking forward to meeting
Baby Barrett!

Anonymous said...

8 Weeks? That's SO close...your life will soon change forever...scary huh?

1) boy
2) March 22nd, 2006
3) 9lbs 3oz & 21" long

Jeff and Amanda said...

1) Boy
2) March 13, 2:57am
3) 8lbs, 3oz; 21"long
So I dont like playing these nonsense games, but since YOU love it, I'll play along:-) I cant believe its that close. Cant wait to hear all about it!!! Wish I could be there, Amanda~

Anonymous said...

Here's my prediction:
1) boy
2)March 14th, 9:15 a.m.
3)8 lbs. 5oz.
4) 21 in. long
I'm also predicting that Baby Barrett will be athletic and cute, of course!

Anonymous said...

Okay, ....I've been thinking about this baby...I'm gonna say girl (though my gutt tells me a boy)...I'm still gonna say girl!!
6 lbs, 8 oz; and...how about 20.7" long...and...March 19th...did anyone say that yet?!..sorry, I don't feel like browsing everyone else's predictions...lol.

There's my guess...ooohh...can't wait to see if I'm the winner...the prize is worth it, right?! Right?!...

Just joking...anyways...hope you guys are doing well...can't wait to see ya's again...probably no plans to come over again anytime soon?! We'll just have to come over there, I guess...that would be fun...we'll keep ya posted!!

Anyways...love you guys...

barry-eh said...

ok...i'll take a guess.
1) Boy
2) March 17th (St. Patrick's Day) @ 2:23pm
3) 8lbs, 23inches

God bless all three of you!

Anonymous said...

March 13th 2006 your beautiful baby BOY will be born. 225 years after the planet Uranus was discoverd!!! He will start taking music lessons at age 6 and become a great bassist compared to Adam Clayton of U2 whom he will share his birth date with. He will forever claim his personal mission to re-claim March as "Music in our school Month" by bashing other claims on this month such as "womens history month" or "talk to your teen about sex month" or "national umbrella month" or "humorists are artist month" or "play the recorder month" all of which are true..btw... His birth date is also famous as being the "Good Samaritan Involvement Day" but he wont care.. because he is a boy who likes to make people laugh and your beautiful child will find so many more "cracks" at the fact that he was "discovered" on the same day as Uranus.

Bryan said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Bryan said...

That was one of the greatest blog post comments of all time.

Jason, I don't know you but you are my hero for today.

Anonymous said...

Hi guys-- this is susan mac-- i would love to make my guess... i think it will be a girl, born on march 15 at 2:32am and weighing 8lbs 60z and 22inches long--- can't wait... what a blessing your gonna be a mommy sooo soon.. we think about you guys a lot-- praying that God will bless you with a quick and painless delivery!!- love you guys!
Susan Mac xo

JWo said...

So now that this page will come up as a "highly suggestive" page by my Covenant Eyes program (thanks Ian!), here are my predictions:

1) Boy
2) March 5, 2006 3:30am
3) Now, I don't know too much about weight cause I don't know how heavy 6 lbs is and how much an oz is (is that ounce?). So my prediction is 7 lbs. 5 oz (??)
Height (or length as he won't know how to stand) will be 19 inches.

So does someone gets a prize if they get it right? (JK) All the best and can't wait to meet the new Barrett!!!

Mark & Cheryl said...

Hi Barrett's,

This is my prediction:
1) Girl
2) March 12 @ 6:10am
3) 7 lb 10 oz; 20.5"

Maybe you should have a poll set up on the blog to pick a name...haha...that might be interesting!
Love,
Cheryl

Anonymous said...

1) Girl
2) March 15 @ 6:18 am
3) 8 lb 1 oz; 21"

Anonymous said...

8:37pm

I forgot to include the time earlier with mine.

Anonymous said...

1) female
2) 15th March at 5.30am
3) 8lbs 10oz - 20"

Jon Barrett said...

I'm an Uncle you better see if you can't make these dates work, Sarah. I want to win the fame and the glory along with the huge cash prize.

Boy
Feb 28
14:32
3.5KG
54.72cm

deb said...

well, now that there's motivation:
1) boy
2) March 2, 4pm
3) 8lbs 5oz. 22.4"

The Harts said...

I can't wait to see the formula you guys use to pick the winner!
Here's my guess....
1) boy
2) March 1st, 9:07am
3) 7lbs 11oz, 22" long
And healthy as can be I might add (which is really most important of all!!!)

Kelley Anne said...

Here's what I think:
1. girl
2. March 3, 6:50AM
3. 7lbs, 7oz; 10"

Sign me up to babysit!

Jacki said...

Hmmmm... Here's my predictions...

1) boy
2) March 12th, 3:39am
3) 7lbs, 9oz; 16" long

Bring the little guy home to visit us!!

Anonymous said...

1) LITTLE GIRL
2) 7 LBS 9 OZ.*** 19 3/4 IN
3) MARCH 14, 8:05 P.M.
SHE WILL BE A BEAUTIFUL LITTLE GIRL WITH A LITTLE LIGHT HAIR.
SHE WILL BE BORN ON THE FULL MOON AND WILL BE A VERY BRIGHT LITTLE GIRL, THE JOY OF YOUR LIFE.

CHRISTINE HICKEY

The Barretts said...

Here are my guesses (and no, I don't have any inside info..)

1) girl
2) March 5, 7:00 pm
3) 8 pounds, 2 ounces, 20 inches

I hope Jamin marks in my favour! :)

Anonymous said...

1) Baby Boy :)
2) March 10th, 2:06pm
3)7 lbs 11oz; 21 inches
Yay! this is so exciting!!

Anonymous said...

Ok, Ive left this long enough...

1) Girl
2) March 9th, 1:40am
3) 8lbs 4oz, 21"long

That's the winner right there, and my guess at the name ends in..kah!
:)

The Barretts said...

Well, well there have been a lot of gueses, but here is the best of the bunch...

1) Girl
2) March 14th, 14:14
3) 8lbs 4oz, 20"long

good luck everyone... I think I have a pretty good shot... maybe the person that puts the most 14's in their guess will win... well, maybe that isn't the best idea...

Jamin