Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Paint & late

We had a great long weekend! We (when I say we I mostly mean Jamin!) spent time clearing trees and doing work on our property. We also enjoyed a yummy lunch @ Stephen & Jillian's place on Sunday. On Monday we painted our bedroom. It makes a big difference in the room. I think painting is a great cheap way to improve a room. I guess now I "need" a new bedspread :) We also saw Peter & Janine for a few minutes on Monday. Naomi even rolled over for them!Something happened on Sunday morning that I don't like to happen. We were late for church. Now, if you know me at all, you know that I hate being late! We woke up at 7ish and I fed Naomi and we were awake for a while then she went back to sleep, so we decided to stay in bed too for a bit. Anyway, the next thing we knew, we woke up and the clock said 8:40!!!! Church starts @ 9 and it's about a 15 minute drive. I wanted to wait and go to the late service @ 11, but Jamin really wanted to go to to early service. I gave in and we got ready in a hurry! We pulled into the parking lot at 9:08. Anyway, I know it's not that big of a deal, but I just hate being late! How do you feel about being late?

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, the Barretts were LATE??? Truly a blog-worthy event. I like the green paint, by the way!

Anonymous said...

i enjoy showing up fashionably late

pt

kim said...

oh, i hate, hate being late. It really bothers me- Though it is getting harder to get anywhere on time with 3 kids under 4. I need to start leaving a half hour before and factor in feeding schedule for Sydney. My friends the Allabys are often late, but they have 5 kids, so I believe for them, just getting anywhere is a feat in itself.

You wait till you have one or two who need to go to the bathroom the second they say so:)

Kelley Anne said...

Sarah!
I also hate being late! Good to know that church is a place of grace!! I'd rather be ten minutes early than five minutes late.

K & G said...

Kent and I are always late ... we're actually surprised when we're on time :) I used to mind it, but now we're just so used to being late, it's the norm.

Anonymous said...

I'm early for everything. It's nice to socialize before an event. If someone is late for our church it doesn't really matter as our minister always starts five minutes late and the first thing every Sunday is for us to mingle around the church shaking everyone's hand etc.

The Chocolate Lady said...

The color of the room is a nice color and jsut like you guys martin and i hate being late. We try our best to be early and punctual for our events. Congrats on the new place and recent events happening in your lives.

Stephanie

Sandalina said...

I like to skate in RIGHT on time. So people THINK I'm going to be late, but I'm really not.

Jonathan said...

Late... well I am kind of last minute myself... just getting there on time is fine... unless of course it's a huge event.

Anonymous said...

Nice color! Didnt you have a different bedspread before? I dont remember that one.
As for being late...well...I like to get there on time-not early though. Jeff always used to insist on being there a just a few minutes before it started. Now, its ok if we are 5 minutes late!

Unknown said...

Hey...we have that SAME bed!...LOL!Your baby is too cute!