Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Do you eat the ends?


Do you eat the crusts of your bread? I don't. I don't really know why; I just don't. I thought of this yesterday while I used the end for bread crumbs for a recipe I was making. My mom loves the ends....do you?

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Depends on the bread...if it's the kind pictured, the crust is my favourite part. If it's Wonderbread or that type, I throw out the ends. My Nanny loves the ends toasted with orange marmalade, and always calls it the "heel".

Heather Jackson said...

I usually eat the heel, regardless of what kind of bread it is. Not my favourite part, but as my Mom always says, "Waste not, want not!"

Jeff and Amanda said...

Like Marg's nanny, I too call the ends the "heel". We dont usually eat the heel, unless there is nothing else left. We do use the heel for french toast though. I do feel bad for throwing it out but I just dont enjoy it!

Bryan said...

Nope. I'm spoiled.

Anonymous said...

Not typically an end-eater, have to say...if its something delicious like french bread...I'll eat 'em...but...not plain ol' bread...anyways...as always...love your posts...love you -- and...miss you...

Kevin, Sonya, Claire & Max said...

Good question. I never do. Nice creative post too. I am so in love with Claire that she is all I post about. I will work on more creative posts:)