Thursday, December 07, 2006

Naomi updates...

Today I took Naomi to the doctor for her 9 month appointment. No needles today thankfully; Naomi hasn't been feeling well the last couple of days.

-She weighed in at just over 17 pounds which was just under the 50th percentile and I didn't write down her length, but it's around the 75th percentile. I'll have to measure her myself. So she really didn't gain any weight since her 6 month appointment (she was 17 pounds 3 ounces then). I think she may have dropped a bit in the past day or two because she wasn't feeling well. Also, now that she moves around so much, she hasn't been gaining as quickly.

-Naomi still loves to crawl around. She pulls up on anything she can and now walks across furniture while holding on. She occasionally stands in the middle of the room, but can only stay up for a max of 5 seconds before plunking herself on the ground!

-BIG NEWS...Naomi is now sleeping through the night!! That's right! I didn't want to put it in print until she had done it for a couple of weeks. It's a whole new world! Of course, I'm still not sleeping right through, but that will come! :)

-Naomi has 4 teeth and I think she's working on 2 more.

-She continues to love food. She'll eat pretty much whatever we give her! She has recently tried yogurt, toast, & has been eating some meats for a bit now too. She certainly loves fruit especially.

-Naomi is still taking two naps a day: one in the morning and one in the afternoon. I find she's cutting down on the length of them, so she sleeps just over an hour each time.

That's all for now!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Too cute. I love her! Can't wait to see her again at Christmas! She may be walking by then!
Amanda

Alex and Cass said...

Wow, two naps a day sounds amazing!!!! Does that mean that you get two naps a day? In which case that would explain why you are not sleeping so soundly at night!!!! She is honesty so adorable Sarah. Wish we could see her (and you two) more often!

Heather and Robin said...

Too cute. I love reading what that little girl of yours is up to and it sounds like a lot...so busy!!! Well we have been battling the stomach flu at our house and I am pretty sure our little guy hasn't gained any weight this month either or likely dropped. I am sure they will both make up for it next month though.

Heather and Robin said...

oh ya I almost forget...big Yay on sleeping through the night. You will be a new women Sarah!!!

Mark & Cheryl said...

What a cutie! Hope she is feeling better....Cheryl

The Barretts said...

Cass,

I sometimes go for one nap a day, but if I'm really tired, I have been known to take two!

Anonymous said...

Glad you're finding some sleep time SOMEWHERE...I get so frustrated when I can't sleep at night...ugh!! Anyways...that's awesome that she is sleeping through the night - - that little cutie...honestly...she is a VERY CUTE kid!! Christmas will be so much fun with her this year, eh?! Oh, you guys...we need to come and visit you. Maybe in 2007!!

Anonymous said...

It's a whole new world when they start sleeping through the night. Nice outfits! I'm so glad she can get some use out of them too. What a cutie!

The Davidson Clan said...

What a cute girl you have. And I love to see how much she is growing and changing. You guys are great parents!

Nathalie

Anonymous said...

She's a cutie pie! I can't believe that Dylan just turned 5 months and weighs the same. Too funny! Hope to see you soon. Maybe we can go into the office together on Monday???

Tara and Aaron Spencer said...

Thanks for the update. I am sure that I will not fully realize how quickly time passes us by until you see your child growing up:)

Anonymous said...

I love the Naomi updates and I miss her so!!! (and the group ;)