Saturday, December 16, 2006

What do you think of the flu shot?

So, I had the flu again today. Jamin had it on Thursday. That's twice in a week for me! Thankfully, Naomi seems to be fine.

All this sickness has got me thinking about the flu shot. I have never gotten it before. Jamin got it last year & this. Do you get it? Do you think it helps? I normally don't get sick, but this year hasn't been so good! It's extra awful being sick when you have a baby to feed, etc.

So, what are your thoughts?

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are supposed to get it for work but I joined the staff too late and missed out so I haven't bother to get it on my own. I've never gotten it.

Anonymous said...

Flu shot worked well for me the one year I got it about 2 years ago.

I was in for my physical and the doctor goes, "So you're getting the flu shot today right?"

Me: "Umm..No." She didn't take the "I'm afraid of needles," answer and came back with it and stuck me anyway.

Shane never gets sick...ever...and he got sick with every single bug that went around that year and me--nada.

I think it still is working...LOL...I haven't been sick with the flu since I got that shot. (I say this as I'm knocking on wood.)

Anonymous said...

I lean towards the natural way...if your sick...let your body do the work to fight it...then you'll be stronger for the next one. It seems to work for me...but then I know nothing about medicine. :)

Unknown said...

Never had the flu shot either, but still don't seem to get the flu. Jody on the other hand gets it almost every year. Luke didn't have his flu shot for the first time this year and hasn't had the flu yet, thankfully.

I guess if I got the flu often, I would really consider it. Jody and I have come to realize we are TOTAL germophobes, so maybe we should..lol.

Mark & Cheryl said...

Well, I am obviously pro-vaccination. Not only to protect yourself, but to protect others around you (ie. Naomi). Infants are in a high risk group for complications from influenza infection. Infants 6-23months are actually in a target group to receive the flu vaccine themselves.
Keep in mind that the vaccine protects against 3 strains of influenza, so you may still get sick if other strains are circulating, but it should be a milder infection. Side effects from the vaccine are minimal & rare, with the most common being a sore arm.
Everyone feels differently about the flu shot, and it is a personal choice...so that is just my two cents!

Kevin, Sonya, Claire & Max said...

Being an RN, I am obviously pro vaccines - especially for children. However I dont always get it myself.
Oops! :)
Sonya

Alex and Cass said...

I was offered the shot this month at the CU but I opted against it. I am no expert and actally I don't know much about it at all but I just think that it is good for my immune system to have to fight off the bugs. I think people get sick because we are so clean...sorry to all the medicine experts who know more than me!

Anonymous said...

I got the flu shot before i came to korea and now i've been sooo sick the past two weeks . Last week I past it on to nick and now this week hoon has it. The flu shot has never helped me !

K & G said...

I never got one before, I hate needles! But I rarely get the flu.

Anonymous said...

So not like you were really asking me or anything, but I've never gotten a flu shot, and I don't plan on it. Actually I'm allergic to pain, and anything that requires a needle causes severe reactions-you know the regular, high blood pressure, hives, explosive diarrhea, my hair falls out and God only knows what else. I hope you have better luck. We're praying for you guys!!!!
Happy Holidays. I hope to see you some time in '07
Denis

Anonymous said...

Well this blog has had some very interesting reading on the flu shot. I've never gotten the shot, but will have to think about doing so for both Dylan and I for next year.