Friday, March 28, 2008

Don't I know you from somewhere?

Does this ever happen to you? You are at the grocery store or some public place and you see a familiar face, but you can't remember how you know the face. For some reason I'm really good at remembering faces, but I can't always place them.

Last night while I was getting groceries, I saw a lady who I recognized. I could NOT remember how I knew her or even if I actually knew her. She could have just been a face I recognized from the bank or something. Anyway, I kept passing her in the isles and I would kind of look at her to see if she would smile at me, but she didn't. The whole time I was shopping I was going through all the places I go on a regular basis to see if they would trigger a memory. Nothing.

When I got home, it came to me. She was a mom and the library play group for 2-3 year olds. I could then picture her son, husband, & where she sat. I don't know why, but I was so happy to remember....that would have drove me crazy!

3 comments:

barry-eh said...

Great topic! I think its funny when you run into someone that you think is someone you know...but after your greeting you realize they aren't. :)
Or here's one even worse. I started talking to someone that I recently met - and mixed him up with another person that I just recently met. Referring to a conversation that I had with the other person and then realized I was horribly mixed up. :) haha How embarrassing!

Rachel said...

I HATE when i can't remember things like that! It will drive me crazy until i know.

Kevin, Sonya, Claire & Max said...

Hi Sarah, That doesnt happen to me very often. I think because I remember sequences well so if something is out of the sequence I remembered them in than I dont transfer the info well. Good for you for being observant.