I can't believe it! We got our camera back...and it's the strangest story!
So, the last time we had officially seen our camera was Tuesday, July 18th. We had been out in the yard taking pictures, etc. I believe I was probably the last person with the camera. Last I remembered I had placed it on the front step. I had run down to the bottom of the driveway to talk to neighbours and then came back up and in the house. Jamin was still outside. I figured he brought the camera in..he assumed I did.
More background info: The girl that lived in our house before us still gets mail here, so I usually give her a call and she or her boyfriend picks it up.
So, last night I'm sitting in our living room when I see a police officer pull in our driveway and come to the door. I recognize him as the girl's boyfriend who often picks up the mail. (I didn't know he was a police officer.) I give him the mail and then he proceeds to hand me our camera! I couldn't believe it!! Someone had turned it into the station. They had found it by the rec centre! Now my mind is racing...how in the world did it get to the rec centre!????!!!??!? Anyway, he had seen the pictures we had on it and in one it had our car and they zoomed in on the liscence plate and looked us up. However, it showed our old address still. He looked through the rest and recognized us and our house number that was in a pic! He said it actually came to him @ 3 in the morning how he knew us! Strange, huh!??!
So, here are our theories about how in the world the camera got to the rec centre (2 minutes from our house):
1) An animal picked it off the step and took it there...
2) I dropped it at the end of the driveway when I was talking to our neighbours and then someone picked it up and took it down to the rec centre and left it there
3) I left the camera on top of the car when I went to talk to the neighbours and then Jamin drove the car by the rec center the next morning on his way to work when the camera fell off the car
I'm actually leaning towards #3. (what do you think?) Not that I remember doing that, but it's possible. The camera was a bit banged up as if it had been dropped (or as if it had fallen off the car) and no pictures had been taken. Jamin managed to fix the camera so it works just like before!
So there you have it...the camera came back!
FAMILY!
10 years ago


5 comments:
Congrats on getting the camera back. At least you got it back but the story is def weird. The strangest things happen without every knowing how they ever happened in the first place. Now you guys are ready to rock and roll with taking pictures again.
haaha wow that's super weird!! I love mysteries like that ;) I wonder if you'll ever know what happened... @ least the camera's back, and we can continue to see pics of ur beautiful fam!
Glad to hear you have your camera back. Weird story though. Happy picture taking!
Wow.
#3, although bizarre, sounds most probable.
A good story for Unsolved Mysteries!
What a GREAT story! I love mysteries like this. I'm opting for a fourth option...gnomes.
Post a Comment