Every Christmas for the past 5 years I've decorated a gingerbread house. This was the 5th annual decoration fest! In fact, if you look back a year on the blog (Dec 7, 2005) you can see our house from last year. We shared this special experience with our Thursday night small group. We had a chocolate fondue as well to help celebrate Amanda's 27th bday which was Saturday. Happy Belated!


Can you tell we cut our own tree down!!? It's fat, yet skinny! We like to say that it's got character! It was also free! We'll have to start grooming our own for future years.
I can't believe it's only 12 days until Christmas! Do you have your tree up yet??


10 comments:
Yes, I did miss you! Glad you are feeling better now. :) Nice gingerbread house, looks yummy. We aren't having a tree this year due to "the Move". I will have to visit people who have trees.
you all are the funniest people in the world. our tree was free also- it is fake and we took it from our "bigger/better" contest from youth...it struggles a little bit also...:)bobby and i are making a gingerbread house this weekend, our first one together- let the tradition go on! love y'all. give naomi kisses for me.
shira<><
Awww..why don't we live closer to you guys?! You're so fun!! I, for one, don't remember ever making a gingerbread house, though I'm sure I probably did when I was little...looks fun, though! And...love the tree...free makes it even better, eh?! We...are still in a bit of a debate about the whole tree thing...my family has always had real trees -- and I LOVE them!! However...our little apartment already has 4 small fake trees in it -- one which is QUITE loaded with decorations...so...we're trying to decide if we have room (or feel like making the effort to take all the decorations off the small fake tree) to put up a real tree...But, anyways...who knows -- I love the SMELL of a real tree...and, it just doesn't feel quite as Christmasy for me without a real tree. Anyways...we'll see.
Hope you're feeling better...
Looks like a fun time with your little gathering. We're so excited for christmas and being with family. We're excited and thankful to be surrounded by family this time of year,especially with being in NB now. Great looking tree and we do have ours up as well. Merry Christmas!
What a cute tree! Even better that it's free, eh? :) We always make a gingerbread house every year as well, and this year I was thinking of making one from scratch... but I don't know how well it's going to turn out.. Yours looks great!
hey this is megan and beth konrath! :)
haha , we like your Christmas tree, we can spot the ornament merry-go-round that we got you last year!! :)
hope to see you over the holidays!
i think your tree is so cute!
Al and I weren't going to bother because, well our apartment is teeny. Su, on the other hand, felt differently.She bought us a 2 foot tree....very cute. It is rediculous to look at though...only one decoration on it. We'll decorate mom's on saturday! Cant wait!
Oh my gosh, I didn't know that Tom and Amanda were still in town. I was just wondering how they're doing the other and here they are on your blog! It's nice to see them again (even if it's only in photos)
Sarah, I gotta be honest. That is one.. ahh... "interesting" tree. Please buy one next year. I think I'm embarrased for you! :)
That is one tree!!! Ours is skinny and shedding its needles...
Post a Comment