Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Weekend away!

I've been busy this week; I can hardly believe it's Wednesday night and I'm just getting this post up!

For the long weekend Jamin & I rented a beautiful log cabin on the South Shore. Mom & Dad came up and looked after Naomi. It was the first time we both left her over night. She did great! She loved her time with Grampie & Nana and they enjoyed it as well! Thanks so much!!

Jamin & I enjoyed the fire, doing puzzles, reading, & exploring the local area. Our house had a full kitchen, laundry room, 3 bedrooms, & 2 bathrooms. We had most meals at home, but went out to eat a couple of times. It was so nice to be able to sleep and nap for as long as we wanted!!
Naomi helping us pack.Driving to our destination...so confusing!Our log homeMe relaxing by the fire.The view

We also stopped by a nearby beach one afternoon. It was cool, but really beautiful.Hope you all enjoyed your long weekend as much as we did!

7 comments:

The Sutherland's said...

I'm so glad you guys were able to get away and that you had a good time. It looks like you found a beautiful spot. I love the pic of the two of you on the beach. What a happy looking couple you are!

Anonymous said...

What community did you visit? I've been to White Point. It's excellent!

The Barretts said...

We were somewhere between Liverpool & Bridgewater.

Funny, I'm going to White Point in a few weeks!

Anonymous said...

I love that you take the time to go stand by the turn signs and take a picture...pretty funny!

Mark & Cheryl said...

Hey Barrett's
Looks like you had a very relaxing weekend away. I love the beach!
Glad you enjoyed your weekend :)

Mark & Cheryl said...

Hey Barrett's
Looks like you had a very relaxing weekend away. I love the beach!
Glad you enjoyed your weekend :)

Unknown said...

OK, I totally missed this post...how did I miss a post???
And I was thinking to myself, "funny Sarah didn't post anything about their weekend away..."!