Saturday, January 05, 2008

I've discovered dryer sheets

I just bought dryer sheets this past week for the first time and I really like them! I can't stop smelling my clothes! Mmmm...

Just thought you'd like to know :)

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

What have you been using in the dryer all this time?

Unknown said...

Good old fashion nothing!

Anonymous said...

What about a liquid fabric softener in the washer or dryer balls in the dryer? How did you deal with the static if you dried your clothes in the dryer?

What made you try dryer sheets?

The Chocolate Lady said...

hmmm I thought everyone used bounce sheets in the dryer and fabric softener in the washer.


Good thing you discovered them now before it was too late . hehe

Anonymous said...

Too funny Sarah! I use only one scent, as Jeff and I are pretty sensitive to scents. I don't use them all the time, and most times I recycle them!!!
How did you deal with the static all this time? Amanda MacLeod

Heather and Robin said...

You might want to try some of these chemical-free alternatives....

http://www.lesstoxicguide.ca/print.asp?mode=whole#fabr

We used to use them at our house but they started giving me a rash years ago so we stopped and sure enough the rash and itchiness from them went away.

Mark & Cheryl said...

I'm with Heather....here is my 'Debbie Downer' speech on dryer sheets...they are full of chemicals, harmful to both enviro & humans. When softeners are used with certain fabrics, they can also make them more flammable! I don't believe you can recycle them either. So double downer! We use natura cloths, chem free re-usable sheets, and they work ok.
Who knew this little entry would spark so much discussion! ;)
P.S. www.lesstoxicguide.ca is a great website! And check out the book Ecoholic, it certainly has me thinking about all the chemicals we use in our household daily..it's scary!

Ian Lau said...

serious? this has gotta be the first thing i've done before the Barretts!

Heather and Robin said...

Thanks for the book suggestion Cheryl I am totally getting that book out of the library!!!

The Harts said...

If you read the box of dryer sheets it usually says not to let them touch fabric! They can stain your clothes (it looks like a grease stain) I like the dryer balls b/c they are cheimcal free.