Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Predictions Time!!!

If you're a long time Barrett blog reader, you may remember when we took predictions for Naomi's due date, etc. I'm holding the same contest again for Baby Barrett #2! There are about 4.5 weeks until our expected due date, February 10th. Here are the items to predict:

1) gender: girl or boy?
2) birth date/time: that's basic...what day will the baby be born and at what time? be sure to specify am or pm
3) weight & height: how much will this little one weigh and how long will s/he be?

So, place your bets and when it's all said & done we'll announce the winner. (Let's see if Giselle wins again!!)

You must place your guess by January 25th. If you are reading this through Facebook, please go to www.jaminandsarah.com and place your official bet there. Happy guessing!!!



Here is the scoring system that will be used again:

1. Boy/Girl - 3 points for correct
2. Date - 3 points for correct, 2 points for 1 day off, 1 point for 2 days off
3. Weight - 3 points for correct, 2 points for within 3 oz, 1 point for within 6 oz
4. Time - 3 points for within 1/2 hr, 2 points for within 1 hr, 1 point for within 3 hr
5. Length - 3 points for correct, 2 points for within 1/2 in, 1 point for within 1 in

In case of a tie, whoever is correct for #1 will win, if tie persists proceed to #2 and so on until the tie is broken. If we reach #5 and for some freakish reason there is still a tie, we will award both precipitants as winners!

Stay tuned for details on the prize....

29 comments:

Anonymous said...

HI SARAH & JAMIN----WELL, IF I REMEMBER CORRECTLY, I WAS RUNNER UP TO GISELLE. FEB. 10 IS THE DATE THAT BEN & I MET IN THE BAHAMAS. SO I THINK I WILL HAVE A GOOD CHANCE. I WILL LET YOU KNOW LATER.
TAKE CARE,
CHRISTINE

Anonymous said...

Oooh...I've been waiting for this...we will put our heads together and see what we come up with...There is a lot to think about!!! Can't believe you're due date is only a month away!! Woo-hoo -- mine is just 3 months and 3 days away!!! Geeze...seems long in some ways...can't wait!!! hope you guys are well...

Anonymous said...

Hey guys!! So exciting:) ALmost go time!!!
Here are my predictions:
1. Boy
2. Feb 11th @ 10:32 PM
3. Weight: 7lbs 3 oz
4. 20 Inches long

Enjoy your last few weeks if you can!

Love Cynthia

Anonymous said...

1. boy
2. Feb. 14 (7:53pm)
3. 8lb 2oz (21" long)

-Amy

barry-eh said...

1. Boy
2. Feb 9th (my birthday!) 3:33 pm
3. 7lbs 2oz
4. 21 inches

Kevin, Sonya, Claire & Max said...

1) Girl
2) Feb 14, 1400
3) 7lb 9oz and 22 inches.

Unknown said...

1) Boy (I have reasons for guessing boy...old wives's tales, but...)
2) Feb. 12/08, 8:12 PM
3) 7lb 8oz, 21 1/2 "

Yay! Can't wait!!

Anonymous said...

Hey again, guys...(I'm sort of going against my instinct in the gender, but -- ) I'm going to say:
1. Boy
2. February 13th - 8:47am
3. 8 pounds, 2 ounces
4. 21 inches long

Whatever/whenever...can't wait to meet the new Barrett...miss you guys!!

Tamara, Matt, Bethany and Madelyn said...

Okay, here are my predictions (although as you know I change my mind daily about what you & I are having):
1. Boy
2. Feb 12 @ 2:30am
3. 7 lbs 14oz
4. 21 inches

And I expect you to do what you can so I win!!!!

Tamara, Matt, Bethany and Madelyn said...

Oh I forgot to mention, your picture turned out really nice!

Ian Lau said...

1) male
2) 08.02.08 @ 8:28pm
3) 8lbs 2oz @ 20.8"

Anonymous said...

Ok here we go!! I hope I win again :) we just love timmies.
1. Girl
2. February 13, 7:20 AM
3. 7 lbs 9 oz
4. 20 inches long

ps: Your pic looks great!!

Mark & Cheryl said...

Hey there...wow, only 4 weeks to go! So exciting!!!

Here is my guess:

1) Girl
2) Feb 8th @ 5:15pm
3) 7 lb 10 oz
4) 21 "

Anonymous said...

Here it is:

1) a big boy
2) Feb 14th @ 12 Noon
3) 9 lbs
4) 22"

Uncle Peter

Anonymous said...

A LOVELY PICTURE OF THE THREE OF YOU!
FOR NAOMI, I CAME IN SECOND. THIS TIME I THINK I WILL BE THE WINNER.
YOU WILL BE BLESSED WITH A BOY, 7 LBS 8 OZ AND WILL BE 21.5 IN LONG.
BETTER GET RESTED UP.
CHRISTINE

Anonymous said...

Glad to see that you increased the prize. My suggestion, I might add. Here goes:
1. girl
2. Feb. 11 at 11:30 p.m.
3. Weight 7 lbs. 10 oz.
4. 20 1/2 inches long

We're really excited to meet our new grandchild! Naomi's Nana and Grampie.
P. S. Are you taking suggestions for names? No? I didn't think so. Just kidding. We'll love whatever you choose.

Anonymous said...

Hi Sarah,
Hope you're doing well!
Here is my guess!
A boy, born Feb. 6th at 6:36 am weighing 7lbs 6oz and 21" long!
Hope I win - I do have a Tim Horton's very close by! :0)
Rachel

Anonymous said...

Sarah & Jamin,
Ok so me and Ben want coffee and here's our bet:
1.) Girl
2.) Feb 11th @ 11:00pm (when we started dating lol)
3.) 8 lb 1 oz
4.) 22.5"
Gosh this is fun.
<3 Bayley and Ben

Anonymous said...

Hey Guys, Long time no see! I figured I'd put my guess in!
1)boy
2)February 3rd
3)8lb2oz
4)11pm
5)19.5in
So excited for you!
Jessica for the Millers!

Anonymous said...

Hi guys....have to get in on this challenge too! All the best - and take care as your await the arrival!
1. boy
2. Feb 13 - 4:30 PM
3. 7 lbs 12 oz - 21 1/2 in long
Love, Aunt Ethel

Anonymous said...

We just had to get our guess in here...

1. Boy
2. Feb 11 @ 10:15 pm
3. 7 lbs 14 oz
4. 21 inches

Can't wait to see the new baby!!!

Michelle and Dylan

Anonymous said...

Here are my predictions:

1. Boy
2. February 8 @ 10:25 PM
3. 8 lbs 4 oz
4. 21.2 in

See you soon!! Love Auntie Neenie

Taryn said...

Hey this is Taryn in South Korea...there is no Tim Hortons here...so can you make it starbucks?? haha just kidding...

1. Boy
2. Feb 8th, 2008 at 4:30pm
3. 7.1 lbs
4. 21.75 inches...haha hope you are feeling well!!

Heather and Robin said...

1. Girl
2. February 6 (4:45 am)
3. Weight 7lbs 4 oz.
4. 21 inches long.

Anonymous said...

Pheww...1 day before the deadline, I'm cutting it close!

Ok, here' goes...a completley random guess, based mainly on averaging everyone elses.


1. Boy
2. Feb 12th, 7:30 pm
3. 8lbs 2 oz
4. 21 inches

Anonymous said...

1) Boy
2) February 3 @ 4:50am
3) 7lbs, 13 oz & 21 inches

Ruth

Anonymous said...

1) Girl
2) February 9 @ 6:40am
3) 8lbs, 2 oz & 22 inches

Stephanie

The Barretts said...

It's me, Sarah..the mama. I won't claim the prize if I happen to win (which I doubt).

1) Girl
2) February 12th @ 1:00am
3) 8 lbs, 20 inches

Anonymous said...

I realize I am past the deadline but hopefully Sarah and Jamin will understand my reasons.
I just saw Sarah at the airport tonight and would like to enter the competition. I don't even want the prize, just the thrill of being right. (I will save the prize to give as a Christmas present).

1. girl
2. February 5th at 2:14 AM
3. 7 pounds 11 ounces
4. 20.5 inches long

And a bonus for the name: Rebecca
We are excited to see another grandchild to for Nana to brag about.

Love,
Aunt Carol