Sunday, February 24, 2008

Busy times!

Well, Micah is 11 days old and already it feels like we've had him forever. He's fitting right into our family! Naomi continues to love him and is adjusting really well. So far, Micah is a very easy baby. Hopefully that will continue! He sleeps a lot and when he is awake he is very pleasant. At his one week appointment, he was back up to his birth weight which is great. Tomorrow we see the Dr. for another check up.

We were so blessed to have my parents here to help after Micah was born (before also). Bob & Elsie also made the trek over (in the snow!) on the day he was born. Peter & Mary have also come up to meet him. We have had lots of friends stop over and meet him too! It's a blessing to be able to share Micah with our families and friends.
I thought this last picture was so cute. Naomi often falls asleep while reading her books. I looked in and she was still holding her book while she slept!

11 comments:

Tamara, Matt, Bethany and Madelyn said...

Great pics, Micah is so sweet! I love the one of Naomi reading in her sleep, so cute, I'm glad you got a picture of it!!!

Kevin, Sonya, Claire & Max said...

Sarah can you email me the pics from last weekend? Thanks sonyalouise@gmail.com. --- just when you have time.

Anonymous said...

Oh my word, so cute!!!..I love the pic of Naomi, too...what a cutie-pie...glad she is adjusting to having Micah around...and glad you guys are doing well -- you look great! And little Micah is so sweet - can't wait to meet him and hold him...what a sweetie!! Love reading your updates, and seeing new pictures...really hope we can see you guys again soon - we'd love to come over again before our little bambino enters the world!! We'll see, though...I'll try to give you a call sometime...have a great day, my friend!!

Mark & Cheryl said...

Awwww great pictures! Micah is so cute & love the pic of Naomi reading her book ;) Looks like you are all adjusting quite well!

Anonymous said...

Hey, Sarah...not sure how often you check it - but I am dying to hear how things went/are going with Shira...would you send me an email when you find out? I would love that -- thanks....(crazy how close in age her baby and Micah will be, huh?!)

The Sutherland's said...

What a great pic of Naomi! Glad things are going well. Congrats on the new niece too!

Tara and Aaron Spencer said...

Congrats guys
He is so handsome:)

Unknown said...

cute, cute, cute

Anonymous said...

Hello again, friend...I've been thinking about you a lot - I really should give you a call and see how you're doing...I'm relying too much on the internet...(and am disappointed each day that you don't update...but I suppose you have a worthy excuse...and...when I have a baby, I will be blogging even less, not having a computer in my house!!)...anyways...hope you're doing well - hope little Micah is still sleeping good - really wish we could see this little guy...I'm sure he's changing so much already!! Have a great day - let's talk soon!!

Rachel said...

what a beautiful little boy!!!! i NEED to come up and see u guys soon! it's been way too long!

harmony and i are doing very well. she sleeps nine hours a night now, which is very nice!! being her mommy is the best job in the world!

miss u guys!

Anonymous said...

Nice pictures! It was so nice to come see you all last weekend! I've been telling everyone how Naomi looked at me and said, "Big hair." hehe
Love you guys - Mary