Friday, February 29, 2008

Happy Leap Day

Well, my first week "on my own" (Jamin did take two mornings off) went well. I even took the two children out twice this week: once to church and today to the library. Both outings went well, but I do find it's a bit more work to get out the door with two!

Micah is doing great! At his two week appointment this week he was up to 9 pounds. He's feeding really well. He still eats anywhere from every 2 to 3.5 hours. He sleeps a lot still and is pretty pleasant most of the time when he's awake.

Naomi is a great helper! She loves helping to change Micah and give him baths. She also likes doing "belly time" with Micah. I really need to take a picture of that. She is like a little mother. When he cries she says, "It's okay, Micah. Don't cry, Micah". So cute!In other news, we have a niece! Shira had her baby girl, Emma Grace on Monday. Congrats! Can't wait to meet her and introduce her to her cousins!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's so weird to think someone I know has TWO kids.

I'm glad your daughter is so caring.

You scared me when you said you had a new niece.

Before I finished the sentence I was like AHHHH...but quickly realized it wasn't on our side.

Anonymous said...

Micah doesn't look too happy to have his sister help bath him. She is quite the little mother. I can just hear her saying, "Don't cry Micah". She's funny. We miss them both. Love, Nana & Grampa.

Susan said...

wow..he's the spiting image of Naomi already:)
so happy for you Sarah. Miss u
Susan

Kevin, Sonya, Claire & Max said...

Cute pics. I love that she loves to bath him. Nice to have a cousin so close to the same age :)

Mark & Cheryl said...

Exciting times for the Barrett family!!! The kiddies are so cute, it's sweet that Naomi is such a little mother hen! And Baby Emma is beautiful :)

Tara and Aaron Spencer said...

Wow Sarah I cannot believe how bright he is for just being a few weeks old!
I am glad that Naomi has taken a liking to him. That must be a bit worrisome before the baby comes.