
Yak Yak has a really good long distance price, so I signed up to be with them about a year back. For the first while everything went well, but about 4 months ago, I started getting extra long distance charges from Eastlink. Eastlink said these charges came from Yak. Anyway, right now Yak owes me about $350 in long distance charges.
I have honestly called about 10 times now and am getting no where. I just received another bill today with more of these charges. Yak has told me that it is their fault, but they can't seem to resolve my issue. I keep having to pay Eastlink this extra money and Eastlink gives it to Yak. I think I'm going to have to cancel with Yak Yak.
I am thankful I have speaker phone, because I have probably spent 3 hours today on hold with them. Anyway, I will not give up until I get my $$!
I am a very patient person on the phone with service reps. I realize that they are not the ones at fault. Although I am always polite, I will admit, I'm starting to get a bit frustrated!! Do you ever yell on the phone when dealing with customer service reps? I haven't, but can't say I haven't felt like it!
Any tips for me!?!? Jamin used to work at a call center and he said it's helpful to ask them for their name.


3 comments:
Not to mention the fact that your long distance hasn't worked a few times in the last while. No tips, I used to work in a call centre to & it can be super difficult to get $$ back. Good luck!
Sarah,
Call them until you get what you want. What I do is ask for their employee number, and if they don't satisfy you, ask to speak with a manager. If they say there's none available, tell them you'll hold!
I just went through the same problem with Primus/Aliant, and when I told them I was going to switch back to eastlink, they paid off my balance....I'm good at talking, and you have to be...don't let them get away with it
i've yelled at the Fido call guys before. they started charging my credit card monthly when i told them explicitly i was making a one time purchase [a few months earlier]. they refused to refund my money so i sounded off on him. is that un-Christian-like?
my credit card company eventually chased them down for the funds. cibc visa has good ppl working for them.
Post a Comment