Experts recommend that adults get 8 hours of sleep a night. I am trying to remember the last time I got that amount of sleep. I'm thinking it was last summer...earlier on in my pregnancy. I wonder when I'll get it again....Then I started thinking about friends who have several children. When did they last get 8 hours of sleep?
Here is my sleep pattern since Naomi was born. Go to bed around 10:30, wake to feed her around 1:00, then 4:00, then 7:00. So the most sleep in a row I generally get is about 2-2.5 hours.
Good thing I can nap easily! People say, nap when your baby naps and that's certainly what I try to do!
Hope you had a good night's sleep last night! Did you get your 8 hours??


4 comments:
What a precious angel you have there, love the pics and get some sleep I know i dont get the 8 hrs that i need. Sleep is something unheared of for me these days, hehe.
steph
I'm pretty good at getting atleast seven hours. I try for eight, but that usually ends up as less or way more! Its hard when you have so much to do during the evening-like lesson planning! I'm glad I dont have your sleep schedule right now..waking up every two hours...I'd be cranky. THat would throw my whole eating schedule off as well. Do they ever suggest you eat when the baby eats? haha just kidding. I have a feeling I would though! Amanda~
haha, I agree with Amanda. Lately I haven't been getting my 8 hours of sleep... I find I'm usually up until at least 12 doing school work - and it's definately not because of procrastination. In fact, I think I may have a mild form of sleep apnea, and am going to get it checked out after school finishes. Sleep apnea is when you stop breathing during your sleep. Even when I sleep for a solid 8 hours, the quality of my sleep is poor and I still feel tired the next morning. But I'm sure glad that I don't have to be waking up every 3 hours... yikes - that must be hard to adjust to :)
Not to brag, but I think I got like 10 hours of sleep last night on the bus (got on the bus at 6pm then slept from like 10 till 8 this morning. Watched a movie, then got off the bus at 10 feeling well rested and ready to tackle Sao Paulo)
Post a Comment