You probably didn't know this, but today is Naomi's 16 week birthday. We didn't throw a party or anything, but it's a big day! :)I thought you might enjoy some Naomi updates, so here goes:
-Naomi is now consistently sleeping through the night. Her bedtime varies, but usually she is asleep by 8:30 and gets up between 6 & 7. I do a "dreamfeed" (this is a feeding that the baby doesn't wake up for, but helps get them through the night) around 10. So ,she can go about 9 hours at night between feedings.
-Naomi is now grabbing at things. She can hold her rattle, pink dolly, & other toys.
-She has 4 naps and 6 feedings a day. Soon she will cut out her last nap of the day.
-She once went 6 days without a bowel movement. I know, I know...too much information. I did some research: "Babies who are exclusively breastfed very rarely get constipated. After having very frequent bowel movements during the first month or two, they then begin to go much less often. In fact, some breastfed babies only have bowel movements every week or two." So there you have it...it's no problem..phewf!
-She can still roll from tummy to back, although she only does it now & then. She is starting to get on her side from her back, but can't seem to make the roll. I'm in no hurry for her to learn this!
-She no longer cries when put down for naps; she has learned to fall asleep more gracefully!
-Naomi is a big girl! I haven't had her weighed lately, but from my parents' scale, we're estimating at least 14 pounds. She has the rolls on her arms & legs to prove it! Some of the clothes she's wearing now are for 6 months!
-She is also making lots of new noises now...my favorite one is giggling!! It's the cutest thing ever!!!
I think that's all the latest in Naomi's life :)
Also, a Happy Birthday to Ainsley (you may have seen her in earlier posts). She turns ONE today!!!


6 comments:
Great updates on your l;ittle one... I look forward to reading them and seeing how everyone is doing. She's cute as button.
Hi Sarah & family,
Naomi is so cute, she is learning, growing & changing so much. That's wonderful. I love hearing all of the updates, you guys are doing a great job :)
Now about the bowel movements....I once read (in Dr.Jack Newman's book) that the longest that he has seen a healthy breastfed baby go without a BM, and not be constipated was 31 days!! Imagine...that's a bit on the extreme side, but they can certainly start to have longer stretches without a BM, and that is perfectly normal. Haha... Very interesting :)
Hey Sarah,
It's so exciting when they start doing new things. She's a super cute baby....I also like it when she giggles!
Happy canada day to you and your family!
Awww...she's so sweet.
They grow up quick!
:)
Thats a cute pic of Naomi. You guys are great parents! Its so nice to hear she is growing up and reaching all the milestones! Amanda~
PS Can you tell I'm an educator? haha
Post a Comment