For over 24 hours our internet, phone, & cable were out. I started thinking about which one I missed the most. I think it's this order:1) phone: ever since I was a teenager, I have loved talking on the phone. I talk to Mom & Margaret pretty much everyday. I also talk to various other people quite frequently. You will notice in the pic above, I am all about my headset!
2) a close second, internet: I love checking my email and of course, blogs!
3) cable: I'm not that into TV. The only show Jamin & I watch right now is the Amazing Race. I tune into Oprah somedays.
Since this is also Jamin's blog, I asked him his order. His is this:
1) internet by far: he loves the internet
2) phone: he doesn't use the phone much, but he said it is more essential than TV, so that's why it came in second.
3) a close third, TV
How about you? What would you miss??


9 comments:
I lived a week or two without internet or TV. I purchased them both but now that I got them, because I built them up in my head as being so valuable, I'm quite disappointed. It seems there is nothing much to do on the internet or watch on TV. I still only have a cell phone but it doesn't have long distance and the call quality is way worse down here. On a good note I just got my bedroom furniture and am unboxing it and setting it up all by myself. I think it's really a two man job though.
So I think phone is the most important because of emergencies and if you have to get a hold of someone, it is more quicker than the internet. So yes TV is last. I almost didn't bother getting it but bundling enticed me.
The phone is most important to me, I've always loved talking, then tv (especially when Matt's at sea!), and then internet last.
By the way Sarah, Bethany started saying da-da today...over and over again, so not fair! I'll take comfort in the fact that she doesn't really know what she's saying!
1. internet
2. tv
3. phone
I could live pretty normally w/o tv and phone b/c I keep in touch to more people via the internet (Kent even checks his works voice messages on the internet!), and I can watch pretty much any show/movie that I'm interested in on the internet. Neat to think about though- Good post! :)
1. internet
2. tv
3. phone
I hate the phone!
Internet for me, baby. I am not much of a phone person and don't watch much tv. For the sake of my sanity, I would need a tv for Luke, though, just for a little cleaning..lol.
I would have to say the phone is #1 for me. My parents live in rural Newfoundland and they do not have the internet. How else could we communicate? Unfortunately, snail mail is too slow...I really do not watch a lot of TV.
I love my High-Speed Wireless device. I get all of my phone, texting and Internet all through my Crackberry.
(This message is brought to you by Aliant. Here. For you.)
1. Internet
2. Phone
3. TV
Eric and I don't have a computer and we had a TV but got rid of it because we're undisciplined. So we only have a phone, but I really enjoy the internet more. We just check at other people's houses, which works fine.
Mary (& Eric)
I find the radio to be really important too. I listen to it while driving across the province and in the mornings for school cancellations.
Post a Comment