Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Count your blessings...

Growing up "count your blessings" was a phrase I heard quite often. Mom would encourage me to think of all the things I had to be thankful for. I feel blessed that it has generally been easy to think of things to be thankful for.

Last night at small groups with the teens we went around the room and all said something that we were thankful for. So many things ran through my mind. I said that I was thankful for the girls in my group and also that I'm able to stay at home with Naomi.

Jamin & I made the decision that I will stay home with Naomi full time. We talked/prayed for a while and in the end made this decision together. We feel very at peace about it and I'm so thankful for this opportunity. I will miss my coworkers very much and the work I did, but I think that the new "position" will be very worthwhile :) I know it's not the right decision for everyone, but we think it is for us.

In good times & bad, remember to count your blessings...what are you thankful for today?


I'm thankful for my family.....here they are!Jamin trying on stilts in the basement
Naomi in her "sleeping bag" on the grass before a walk. Check out the cute hat from Great-Aunt Jane!

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE that hat!! Naomi is such a cutie pie! I can't wait to see you all in a few weeks for the big day!!

~ LOVE NEENIE

Anonymous said...

Sarah,
Congrats on the promotion. I know you'll do great!

Bryan

Anonymous said...

I wish you guys all the best and staying at home with Naomi will be great. To watch her group up and to be there for her. You and Jamin are def blessed to be in that situation.

Things have been busy around here with us moving into our new place on friday. So wish us luck with all the unpacking we have to do, that everything will be go as planned. You three are in our prayers,
God Bless

Anonymous said...

Congrats Sarah and Jamin for your decision. It's one that you will not regret :)

Heather and Robin said...

Wow that is so great Sarah. I know this is something that you have wanted to do or thought you would want to do before you even had Naomi and it sounds like you both made a decision that is right for your whole family. Such exciting news!!!

Kevin, Sonya, Claire & Max said...

Sarah! Namoi looks soooooo cute. I cant wait till Claire can sit up by herself!

Anonymous said...

Working inside the home has become very undervalued in our society. What people fail to realise is that stay at home moms/wives have their own challenges and many find it fulfilling. I'm going to become a stay at home mom in 6 months and I can't wait. Right now I have my own business which I run from home and Paul's a teacher. Thanks be to God that I'm going to give birth just as he's winding down for the summer so baby and I can have him all to ourselves for 2 whole months!! Good luck on your new venture!

Anonymous said...

We really do have a lot to be thankful for, eh?!...I can tend to find the things to complain about these days, it seems, but...its good to be reminded to think about things to be thankful for -- it always amazes me how MUCH I have, when I stop and take the time to think of all the things! I'm so thankful to be near family and to have friends -- and a husband who loves me, and...access to the internet, so I can keep in touch with some friends, like you, from away!! If we only had telephones, I'd be in a real pickle! Ha -- I said, "I'd be in a real pickle"...what am I, 65?!

Anyways...I'm so happy for you guys that you decided you will stay home -- I think you will love it - and Naomi will be so thankful, I'm sure!! I know my mom staying home was a huge blessing for us!!

Anyways...Most of your friends write short comments-- why are mine always so long?! Sorry!

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy that you can be a full-time work from home Mom. You are an awesome mom already, and Naomi and Jamin are blessed to have you as mom/wife!
Naomi is such a cutie-muffin in this pic.

Mark & Cheryl said...

Hey Sarah J,
Congrats on the big decision. I know it is one that you have been pondering & praying about for a while. I'm sure you will really enjoy being home with your babe "full-time". She's too cute, love the pics!

Tara and Aaron Spencer said...

I think that you guys are making a great choice. Not many people are able to do that and if that is your hearts desire and you can $, GO FOR IT. I agree that it is important to count your blessings but I must admit that I do not do it enough:(

Anonymous said...

You are very blessed to be able to stay home with Naomi. I miss Jack so much while I am at work. Having someone else take care of him, and see him more then I do is dire.
I do have an excellent set up, as I am able to go and spend my lunch with him almost everyday!

Congratulations on continuing on in the most amazing, fulfilling job their is in the world!

Unknown said...

I think that is a fabulous decision! I stayed home with Luke for 2 years and then it seemed he really needed to interact with children his age, so that is when I went back to work, but this new baby had other plans for me..lol and I only worked for 6 months..lol.

Now with #2 on the way, I think I will just stay off indefinitely bc they will have each other and I will prob send Luke to pre-school in the fall, just to get him used to it and to mingle with "friends." You won't regret ONE minute bc each one is a memory.ENJOY!

Anonymous said...

I'm really glad you're staying home with Naomi, you're such a good mom!! I love you.

Love Mary