Thursday, March 08, 2007

Groceries in the morning

I went for some groceries this morning. Have you ever gone to the grocery store before 8 in the morning? There is pretty much NO ONE there! It's pretty nice actually...park wherever you want, no line up at the cashier, no saying "excuse me" to people to get around their cart. Good times....

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love grocery shopping! Food related tasks are by far my favourite household duties. I love baking, and I like cooking quite a bit (I'm still learning though) and I love buying groceries. I don't like cleaning up after I make something though...

Last year I would usually go grocery shopping around 9 pm, which is a pretty busy time. It worked well with my schedule though and I didn't really mind the crowds.

I went for groceries today near our house. I love going through grocery stores that I'm unfamiliar with and looking around. I find different food arrangements helps me get new meal ideas.

I wish I could come for Naomi's birthday... :(

Mary

Unknown said...

I can't believe you were up and dressed to be at the grocery store for 8am! KUDOS to you..lol. I wish I was that ambitious!

Alex and Cass said...

I see we are both morning people. I don't think I have ever been at the rocery store before 8am but I may need to give it a try. I don't really like crowds and so hate shopping on saturday's but it normally works out that way.
So here's the question; superstore or sobeys....

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Naomi!!! ( I won't be near a computer tomorrow, so...Happy EARLY Birthday!!) Hope you guys have so much fun celebrating the 1st birthday of your little cutie-pie!! I'm sure there will be some good times...I'll look forward to the pic's when I come in to work on Monday!! ('Cause...if I know you, there will be tonnes of pic's!!) We'll look forward to seeing you at Easter!!! Have a great weekend!!

Oh...grocery shopping before 8:00 am...We used to grocery shop late at night sometimes when we were in New York, though...it didn't seem to matter what time of day we shopped there, it was always busy!!!...we kind of sporatically go these days, depending on how much food we have in the house...its nice living across the street from the grocery store. But, typically lately, we're Saturday grocery shoppers...which, to be honest...I hate...so crowded!! I hear ya, Cassandra!!

Anyways...talk to ya later...maybe see ya on Facebook, you computer junkie, you!!! ha ha!

Kevin, Sonya, Claire & Max said...

it is lovely isnt it. Sat am is a differnt story...at least here in Amherst! :)

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday to my beautiful little naomi!! i wish i could be there to spoil you and give you kisses on your birthday!! i love you all and miss you!!
i am opposite, i usually grocery shop friday after school (busy) , or after midnight during the week. i have to be at school at 7 ( or earlier), so it would be like 5 that i would have to go. no stinking way. i would rather starve:). love you guys and am praying for you!
auntie shira and uncle bobby:)

Unknown said...

I miss shopping on Mondays or Fridays at Sobeys...Now that we both work full time, we are forced to be weekend shoppers. Urg.

Ian Lau said...

we have a 24hrs grocery store nearby and it's actually never empty - not even @ 3am. it gets "quieter" i'd say btw 4-8am.

barry-eh said...

I have to be careful in quiet grocery stores...I may stay all day and all night, just looking at the food. Its a bit hypnotic.

Anonymous said...

Happy First Birthday to my first cousin once removed!