Thursday, March 29, 2007

The latest with our little one

Naomi enjoying her fruit! I let her use a dipper (you can't see it in his pic), but she took matters into her own hands & picked up the bowl herself!

Thought I should write a few things down, so I don't forget them!
  • Naomi is walking all the time now....it's so cute to watch!
  • She is still doing two naps a day...usually both are almost an hour & a half. She is doing between10-11 hours at night
  • I still nurse Naomi once a day and the rest of the day she drinks juice & water. She hates milk, but will take some in her cereal. My dr. said it's no big deal and just to introduce it again in a month. She had a hard time initially switching over to her cup, but now has adjusted.
  • Naomi has a couple of words/sounds. She says "up, up, up". I would consider this her first real word. She says hiss & rrrr (animal sounds) when we look at her animal book.
  • She loves books..they are one of her favorite things.
  • She has seven teeth and is likely working on her eighth.
  • She got her one year needles the other day and they went well.
  • She still cries when I leave her in the nursery at church, but usually stops after a minute or two.
I took her into work today for a visit. I hadn't been in since before Christmas. Everyone saw a big change in her! It was nice to see my former co-workers....I miss them!

5 comments:

Kevin, Sonya, Claire & Max said...

Sarah, thanks for posting this. I love to read about Naomi and think about what Claire will be doing at that age. Claire just started walking (with our hands of course). She is still a long way from doing it herself. Good job BFing for so long! I cant wait till Calire says real words. She says "ma-ma" all the time but it is the same to her as "ga-ga" and
"oggg ogggg", so Kevin tells me it doesnt count.

Sonya

Unknown said...

Naomi looks so diff in that pic for some reason. I forget how messy mealtime gets..lol. Too cute! Luke doesn't really enjoy white milk now. Around 2 years he started to give it up and traded it in for chocolate milk..Oh well..lol.

Alex and Cass said...

Sarah that is so cute. I think it's great you post Naomi updates...I also love reading about her. Even though I can't see her I know what she's up too...and my oh my she is getting cuter every day if that is possible!!!

Anonymous said...

She is so cute, Sarah. You are a great mom.

Nathalie

The Collins Family~ said...

I can't believe how all "grown-up" she looks! Oh my, time surely goes by too quickly. We will have to stop over some time over spring for a visit--as soon as things slow down here.

Michelle