I was in need of a haircut and didn't want to spend a lot of money. Two of my friends recently got their hair cut at First Choice and were really happy with it, so I decided to give it a try. I was a little nervous, so I asked for a Master Stylist (which they do have) and went for it! I was very happy with the results and it only cost $13.10 (plus tip)! I think that's pretty good...I plan on going back! Do you usually pay a lot for your "do"? I typically would pay around $30 for a cut. Of course, at First Choice they do not wash your hair or style it (that would be extra), but that's fine with me.
FAMILY!
10 years ago


16 comments:
Well first of all your hair looks fab! I, personally, hate getting my hair cut. I never like what they do but that could be attributed to the afro I have.
I always went to "Kelly's" and only paid $8. In sept I spent almost $40 for a hair cut because I thought I would treat myself (never do) and my trim turned into a foot of hair being massacured and resulted in a Rachel Green 1998 flippy fiasco. Expensive is not always the way to go. I think I'll cut it myself!
Funny you should blog this..lol. I had my haircut on Saturday at Head Shoppe-Mic Mac Mall. The girl informed me half-way through the cut that she was hung-over. EEK! Now, I didn't notice at the time I left how bad it was. When I looked in the mirror, I was horrified to see a very blunt, to the shoulder, cut. No layers...ZIPOLA for style. So, I went back.
I was informed that if I didn't go back to see her, I would have to pay 30 bucks AGAIN. Well, I went back to her on Monday and noticed the client she was working on had been in on Saturday, as well, and was getting hers "fixed." I am still unimpressed. The layers are completely uneven. It is a disaster. Luckily, I have some sense of how to do my hair and it is not bad, but I am going to go tomorrow and have my side bangs fixed by the lady who cut my son's hair today. She was appauled when I pulled out my hair and showed her how it was hacked. SOOOO, my answer is... I don't care how much you pay. It all depends on the stylist.
Done rant..lol.
BTW, YOUR hair looks great! I miss my stylist back home...boohoo..lol.
i am the BIGGEST cheapo when it comes to getting my hair cut, i used to have short hair a lot, but then my hairdresser in whycocomagh retired, so i just grew it after that, and didn't cut it in forever. i was going to go all out and get it cut and highlighted by someone 'good' (expensive), before naomi's wedding, but i just couldn't do it, so i got the ole' $10 mall haircut, and highlighted it myself, 'cause i couldn't persuade joe to help me! it turned out ok, but i never like my hair (probably because i tend to spend next to no time or money on it. hello messy bun!!)
This is funny that you would post on this topic...on the day that both Cheryl and I got our haircut!!!
I got my haircut today in Syndey for $15. My hairdresser told me I looked like Rapunzel! Guess why? You know it, I'm not up for paying the $30-$50 it costs in Ontario.
I went to First Choice once, for a trim, and she did a terrible job. How you can mess up a trim...I'll never know. I never went back.
I do suppose out there, in some cheap hair cutting chain, there is some poor newbie, trying to start her career. Perhaps she'll be a good one!
Glad you found a good one!
Cya soon!
I just spent alot of money on a cut and highlight today...140 dollars. But it's better then looking like a pregnant hag.
I haven't had my hair done since the wedding and everyone assured me highlights were safe.
I'm pleased with the results and have a feeling it's my last splurge on myself for a long time.
As an afterthought...
The first person who ever colored my hair was Susan MacEachern...lol.
Your haircut looks great...I myself did not have a good First Choice experience. I got the worst haircut of my life there...it was June 20, 1997. Yes it was so bad, I remember the exact date. I asked for 1 more long layer in the back and the hairdresser did choppy layers all over my head. She cut my bangs so short that I didn't need them trimmed for almost 6 months. It was horrible, that night there was a youth event I went to, Matt was there, he said that haircut was so bad he even remembers what I was wearing (and he has a horrible memory), so I was memorable for all the wrong reasons!! Since then I have always paid a little more for my haircuts, mind you I haven't gotten my haircut in 6 months, cause I keep forgetting!
LOve your hair! i can't wait to get my hair cut. its one of my weaknesses. i love the way hair feels when its all healthy and just cut! anyways. after reading all the comments i am not sure where to go....expensive or first choice (where i have gone a few times)haha. can't wait to see ya again.
I got a perm there ONCE and have not ben make since. Ok Ok... It was a perm so that explains a lot but lately I have not been a fan of any hair cutting establishment. No matter how much I pay - it seems to look bad... so I stopped getting it cut... I am going Samson on everyone... at least fo a a while. Have you cut Namois hair yet?
S
wow it must be the time of year for hair cuts. I had my hair cut last Friday...actually a cut and highlights. I have been to First Choice a few times if I just need a trim and am in a hurry. The trim before this one was there actually. If I feel more adventurous or there is any sort of colour involved I have a regular hair stylist here that I go to and is considered cheap by Ontario standards....$140 plus tip. I am always really happy when I leave and thankfully my husband doesn't see anything wrong with me splurging on that stuff, probably because I don't go all that often. I always think of splurges as more pedicures and facials and massages, while hair cuts and colour are sort of a necessary evil...I guess they aren't really but that is how I look at them.
BTW: The hair looks great!!!
Haven't cut Naomi's hair yet, and don't plan on it for a looooong time!
Hey, your hair looks great! I, myself, have let my friends cut my hair with kitchen scissors before...hehe. A big improvement, as I recall.
My last haircut was a few weeks ago, finding a salon in a new city was interesting. I settled on an Aveda Academy and got one of the grad students. She did an awesome job, was reasonably priced, and it included an aromatherapy treatment and scalp and neck massage...ahhh.
Hey Sarah,
The cut looks great! I too had my hair cut on wednesday...but I did pay the $30. Personally, I like to have the same stylist, I think it's a comfort/trust thing. And it's only every 6-8 weeks....
Hey nice haircut. I've done the whole first chpice haircuts and they're not bad and they're cheap. Just like some others that posted about this I can be cheap and sometimes don't see the point of getting a 30$ haircut unless it's for a special event like a wedding and especially if i'm taking part.
Once I found a resonable hairdresser and price I refuse to pay 30 or more for a decent cut. The rest of the money can go to something much more practical. But feeling good about yourself shouldnt have a price tag if your willing to shovel out the money.
Post a Comment