Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Happy Canada Day! (warning...long post...)

We spent the long weekend in Cape Breton with my family. It was nice to get away and see our family & friends in CB. Naomi especially enjoyed the cottage this year now that she can get around :)
Jamin & I driving, driving, driving. Naomi did really well on the drives this time.Grampie & Naomi...welcome to the cottage!We did some kayaking. Naomi really loved it!The guys did some fishing, but didn't have much to show!We hit a few balls and Jamin & Peter went golfing one morning. I'm actually not as bad as I thought I would be at driving thanks to Peter's tips.
Naomi spent lots of time with Grampie & Nana
She loved the beach. She played with her new buckets & toys.
We buried her in the sand and she thought it was pretty funny :)
We played lots of cards and spent time with Peter & Janine too. We also got to see Mary & Eric's house. They are really making progress with it.
I can't wait to see the finished product!
One night we also went out to Shushan to see some friends that were also home for a visit.
It was sooo good to see them!
Ah vacations...a great time to relax!!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Sigh. Great pictures!! Naomi looks so cute standing in the Kayak with her paddle.

Anonymous said...

Sarah, Looks like you had a wonderful time home. Naomi fits right into the Cape Breton cottage lifestyle-I love it.
It was sooo nice to see you guys-at home!! Too bad Marg couldnt have been there to complete the visit!

We are just overnighting in Quebec. We'll be back in ON tomorrow.

Talk soon, Amanda

Tim said...

Sarah, please, more VW pics.

Tim

JWo said...

The country is great! I love the pics - looks like a great place to vacation. I agree - vacations are nice and especially when you get to spend it with people you love.