Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Weight

Being pregnant has helped me break new records for myself in the department of weight gain. Every year growing up my family would do weigh ins and height measurements at New Years and see who had grown the most and gained the most. Of course, growing up, you always wanted to be the winner (except Mom & Dad!). One year when I was around 14 I put on 18 pounds and broke the existing record. It wasn't long before Peter (my younger brother) made a new record of over 20 pounds. Well, look out...I at setting a new record this year, family!! Maybe just maybe, I'll hit the 30 pound mark! At this rate, I wouldn't be surprised!! I had a Dr.'s appointment yesterday and every time they do a weigh in. They also do blood pressure. Have you ever heard a doctor tell you to eat as much salt as you want? Well, that's what mine told me. My blood pressure is so low (still in the healthy range though), she said a bag of chips wouldn't be a bad thing for me :) Music to my ears....

4 comments:

Unknown said...

You make me laugh, Sarah. That's pretty cool that you got the OK on a bag of chips! I have some Doritos at home, maybe you should come over for a salty indulgence.

Anonymous said...

It's good you have such a healthy outlook on the weight gain. You will be amazed at how fast it drops off. You look great and I'm glad you found some clothes that work for you.

Ian Lau said...

eat FATTY foods = increase in BP

Enjoy the gluttonous diet =+)

Anonymous said...

i never knew our grammies were best friends....they are together now...love erin