So, this year it seems to be controversial to say "Merry Christmas". The politically correct thing to say is "Happy Holidays".
I like to say Merry Christmas because it is the holiday I celebrate. For me, Christ coming to Earth as a baby on Christmas has deep personal meaning in my life. I do not think everyone should have to say Merry Christmas, but I think if I want to say Merry Christmas that should be okay.
If you celebrate another holiday this time of year or if you don't celebrate anything at all, I still hope you have a good time while you're off on vacation. I hope we all have "Happy Holidays", and I hope that those of us who celebrate Christmas have a "Merry Christmas" but even more than this my prayer is that we understand why we celebrate this beautiful day.
What do you think? Oh, and what will be say when Easter comes???
FAMILY!
10 years ago


3 comments:
Very true Sarah! I know this issue has been around for a while...but it seems like it's a hot topic this season. While we all have to respect others traditions and beliefs, I dont' feel that we should have to censor or hide our own. So I have made a point this year to say "Merry Christmas" whenever I get the chance! Spreading the true meaning of Christmas is important, as it's so easy to get caught up in the materialism of the "holiday" season.
MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!
I agree Sarah. Even our calendar is based on the birth of Christ (even though they discovered they were a few years off). We celebrate Martin Luther King's Birthday why not Christ's? I think the only thing I worry about is when Christians get overly protective of the true meaning...and in the end they become obnoxious and mean about the whole thing. We must say "Merry Christmas" with a smile on our face and with good intentions.
Happy Bunny Hunting?!?
Seriously though, celebrating diversity means just that. Celebrating those things that make us unique, not diminishing us all to the least common denominator.
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to the Barretts and all the friends reading this site!
Bryan
Post a Comment