It all began on Saturday morning. I had it in my mind that I
needed a Christmas tree. My kind husband &
brother-in-law were good enough to come with me to pick out our tree. After scanning a couple of places, we decided that
Home Depot had the cheapest trees (besides the forest..), so we pulled in to a great parking spot....now not to get off on a tangent, but I don't really think I'm the prime candidate for this parking spot. Yes, I'm pregnant, but I don't have any problems walking!! Anyway, I got a picture with my messy hair and belly...what do you think..should someone like me park here? My thought is no. What about those moms with 8 kids? I think yes. Or, someone that can barely walk they are so pregnant...?? I think yes. Anyway, I ran from the spot so no one would see me...I really hope people didn't see me running....that's even worse...

Anyway, after getting someone inside to unlock the gate so we could look at the 10 trees that weren't wrapped, and then after taking the tree back inside to pay for it, we took our little tree named Woodsy home and decorated him...

I think he turned out beautifully. We're still working on getting ornaments, but I think he's just perfect....

On Sunday, we had our 4th annual gingerbread house decorating. We managed to save some of the candy for the house :)

Ah Christmas...I LOVE IT! I'm glad God sent Jesus to come to earth....the greatest gift of all :)
6 comments:
Oh Sarah! I love reading your blog...it's so exciting! Woody is cute, it does take a while to accumulate ornaments to cover an entire tree, but he's lookin good. We haven't decided yet about the christmas tree thing...since we are going to be home (at the rent's) for the holiday, and most of our decorations are still stored in a box somewhere in an attic...so I apologize if the "MacNeil" House is lacking in the festive spirit department when you visit! We have the spirit in our hearts though!! P.S. I love the pic of you with the "expecting" mom's sign...I can't believe Jamin got you to stand still long enough to take it!
Now I am super-anxious to make our gingerbread house! Those little cookies look pretty yummy, too.
So, as for the expectant mother parking spot: legally, I think you are safe. Ethically...considering you are still going to the gym...I think Jamin just wanted a good parking spot!
I agree, Mrs. M. :)
So you are one of those people who take the baby spot when it is 50 below and you just want to make a quite trip in to the store but you end up parking a mile away. Just kidding! I even feel weird parking there with a baby but I guess my time is almost up since the sign says up to 6 months. Take advantage of it while you can! There aren't many things in life that are free :)
You guys crack me up!
haha, cute tree Sarah! And you can totally tell an engineer and a math major made that gingerbread house ;)The candies are so symmetrical and straight! When my dad helps make the gingerbread house, it looks like yours (he's an engineer) but when my sis and I make it, we're lucky if any candies are left for decorations! ;) Mmm.
Post a Comment