Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Good times in PEI

We are enjoying our time in PEI for Christmas. One of the presents I got Jamin is a 3D puzzle of the Sydney Opera House. We took it with us to PEI and in less than two days he had put it all together (with some help from Jonny, Grant, Nathan & myself). Pretty impressive, huh!?
Last night we went to visit Mark & Roxanne Johnston in their new house. They have recently moved back to PEI from Ontario. Their new house is beautiful and the pizza we ate was delicious! Congrats to Mark & Roxanne.....they are expecting their first baby this June!!

8 comments:

The Barretts said...

Ouch, Janine..that hurt. But wait, thanks the REAL Janine. I love puzzles too...maybe we can do one together sometime.

-Jamin

barry-eh said...

Good job on the puzzle Jamin! I can't believe I haven't done one yet this Christmas. I have a few interesting ones I'd like to try. I still remember staying up all night trying to put the Star Ship Enterprise together...I think that's what it was but I'm a bit fuzzy. May the puzzles that you find yourself in, in the new year, be solved completely! :)

Unknown said...

Cool Opera House. It probably helped that you saw the real thing...can't wait to have you guys back in Hali!

Bryan said...

Sarah & Jamin,
Good to hear you guys had some great holidays. I was hoping to see you last night at the Stowe's New Year's party, but apparently you guys bolted at 12:05. Maybe that was an exaggeration or maybe you were practising to be good, responsible parents. In any case, missed ya and we'll have to catch up soon.

B

The Barretts said...

Hey Bryan:

Yeah, we were hoping to see you too! We left around 12:30 (contrary to popular belief about 12:05!); you must have been partying late that night! Happy New Year and hopefully we'll see you soon!

JWo said...

Impressive! Deb really likes puzzles and I kinda enjoy them now (although I get frustrated easily!). We did one together with the Star Destroyer from Star Wars. What's the most difficult puzzle you've done, Jamin?

deb said...

nice opera house. seriously. that looks so cool. as stated in the above comment, I really enjoy puzzles so that's really cool. but what do you do after you finish such a huge puzzle? encase it in a glass cabinet for the guests to gawk at? that's the downside of 3D puzzles for me... the aftermath.

The Barretts said...

Josh and Deb,

The hardest puzzles that I have done would be a toss up between this one and the Millennium Falcon. To this point, when I complete a puzzle, I seem to leave it at my parents place. I did leave the opera house at my parents place, but this time, my brother is going to disassemble it after a month or two and give it to another friend that likes 3D puzzles as well, good idea eh?

Jamin