Monday, February 20, 2006

Our friends are the BEST!

Last night our friends threw us a baby shower @ Margaret's place. (Your place is looking great!!!) Margaret & Jill arranged the whole thing and had lots of help from everyone with food & one of the most fun shower games EVER (thanks, Kelley!!).

Baby Barrett is spoiled already! We got so many nice gifts last night from everyone. Thank you for the gifts and for coming to the shower. Your friendship means so much to Jamin & I. We're so thankful that our baby has such positive role models to look up to and learn from.

A few highlights from the shower:
-yummy food
-Kelley's game: It was Jeopardy style. She had different categories (ie. our blog, about us as babies, name that song, name that baby, etc.) It was boys against girls and I will admit, the boys did win. I think it was pretty much all of their first baby shower and they just wanted to win so badly! So congrats to the boys!
-the music (all songs with baby)
-the beautiful gifts!
-seeing all of our friends!!
-etc.etc.etc.

Here are some picts from last night:
This is me holding a picture of myselfe as a little girl. This was part of the game Kelley had arranged! Can you tell it's me?Here are people hanging out...Shondal, Deb, Lauren, Tara, Laura, Christa & Josh (thanks for setting up all the tech equipment for the game, Josh!)Tara, Deb, Bryan, Margaret, Lauren, & Christa
Aaron & Tom enjoying the festivities
Andrew, Deb, Bryan & Lauren
Jill, Sarah & Jamin with the beautiful quilt Jill made!
Andrew, Mark, Kelley, & ShondalThe boys in the kitchen: Gareth, Jamin, Pete & Josh
The ladies: Tara, Kelley, me, Christa, & Jill
And finally, our beautiful presents! Thanks, everyone!!!

14 comments:

Unknown said...

Yay! What a fun post! I had a great time last night, and I'm glad you three ;) did too. We do have awesome friends, don't we?

deb said...

I meant to mention this last night, sarah you look so great. good times. and man, great trifle!!! to mr. and mrs. m nice new place!

The Monettes said...

Mark & I had a great time last night, it was great to see you both before the big event (March 10 right!). What a fantastic job Margaret & Jill did on organizing, decorating, hosting the shower!

Bryan said...

Great times, great friends now it's baby time.

Glad you had fun too, Sarah!

You'll have to do a blog posting of all of the parenting advice you received from the non-parents.

Can't wait for Baby Barrett to arrive.

Ian Lau said...

Great post Sarah. Nice seeing all those familiar faces. With you all in spirit. IL

Kelley Anne said...

You're the best SARAH! (and Jamin)
I'm glad you enjoyed the party and the game!! hee hee!! Special thanks to Mrs. MacDonald and Mrs. Barrett!! and Josh and Stephen for tech support.

Anonymous said...

HI SARAH & JAMIN*****SURE SOUNDS LIKE BABY BARRETT, IS GOING TO BE WELL SUPPLIED FOR AWHILE----I HOPE I WIN THE BABY BARRETT'S BIRTH DATE ETC--- IT WOULD BE A WONDERFUL REASON FOR A TRIP TO THE EAST COAST. ALSO THE NAMES I THOUGHT YOU MIGHT CHOOSE WERE*~*~*~*
GIRL--BARBARA BARRETT
BOY---BARRY
BARRETT
AM I ANYWHERE CLOSE? :-)
BLESSINGS,
CHRISTINE HICKEY

K & G said...

I like barney barrett! ;) Fun post Sarah... great to see pics of the Halifax gang! & good job scoring more gifts :)

The Barretts said...

Christine,

Nope..you're not close at all :) But nice tries!!

And Giselle...you're not close either :)

joe and gem said...

hey guys! it is so great to hear all about your news, you must be so excited for the baby to finally get here! anyway, just wanted to say 'hey', and maybe i'll pretend to fill naomi's place, i know she is pretty bummed to be away when the baby finally gets here. joe and i are moving to halifax in may, so hopefully we can get together?! i LOVE babies :)

Anonymous said...

that quilt is so gorgeous. did jill really make that? wowzers. y'all are going to outgrow your townhouse with all your gifts:)

Jeff and Amanda said...

Ahhh....I missed it!! So many showers Sarah...baby boy Barrett is spoiled already. I can't believe I'm missing all this! Pretty soon Sarah...he'll be here! Keep the posts coming. Amanda~

Anonymous said...

Hello again, guys...why am I not surprised that you had yet another baby shower?!?! lol. Is there anything you still need/want?! That's great, though...sounds like you guys have some pretty great friends and people in your life over there, that's awesome! And, you really are looking great, Sarah...are you feeling uncomfortable, or are you doing alright?! Hope things are going good and, look forward to hearing how things are going...love reading your blog!

Oh, and speaking of grandparents...I still think its cool that our grandmother's were such great friends...of all the people Grammie talked about from her past, your "Mary jess" is the name that always stuck out with me...I heard her name so many times!! and to answer the grandparent question...I grew up with all four grandparents...and, though I didn't live near them...I certainly loved them alot...I have only one grandmother still living...but...I agree...grandparent's are great -- I always thought my mom was just the best mom...now I see what an awesome grandmother she is, too. I know Elsie will be an awesome grandmother!! Anyways...sounds like you guys will have a ton of people who will love your little one...that's awesome. Anyway. I think I wrote long enough...so...anyways...have a great day, my friend!! Love ya's!

Mark & Cheryl said...

Wow Sarah, looks like the shower was a hit! Beautiful gifts, especially the quilt! And nice pics too!!! The countdown continues....