Friday, February 03, 2006

Weight gain update...

For my "long time" readers, you may remember my post of November 23rd, 2005 regarding my weight gain. Well, after receiving an email from a friend asking how it was going, I thought there might be others who are lying asleep at night just wondering, "how much weight has Sarah gained?". So, here's the update....

Yesterday I had a doctor's appointment (and they always weigh you). Anyway, I have now put on 42 pounds!! Luckily I only have a few weeks left until this baby comes! Now, the craziest part of all of this is that I'm currently only 4 pounds less than Jamin!! I have been trying to encourage him lately to have second helpings at supper and to eat more dessert!! :)

I asked my Dr what the highest weight gain she has seen before and she said 100 pounds! Wow....that makes me feel much better :)

Ah, the fun of it all. I'm thankful that I'm feeling great and everything is going well! We're getting excited to meet baby Barrett!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

too much info

Anonymous said...

Jamin, please don't try to lift Sarah! Your back shouldn't be taxed that much. Sarah, on the bright side, you'll lose most of that weight soon.

Mark & Cheryl said...

Sarah,
All part of the joys of pregnancy! At least you have been feeling great throughout, and 42lbs is a very healthy weight gain. Soon you will have a little Barrett to show for all the changes over the last 9months...can't wait to meet the babe!

Unknown said...

After you deliver the baby you could do one of those weight-loss centre promo-lines: "I lost 10 pounds in 8 hours!" I can't wait for wee bump to get here!!