Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Cape Breton & McDonald's

Have you seen the McDonald's commercial done in Cape Breton? Here it is if you haven't:



There was a funny article (in my opinion) about it in the Herald:

http://www.herald.ca/Front/552189.html


When I first saw the commercial I laughed. Give me your thoughts.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Robin and I laugh every time we see that commercial..love the accent..(although you don't seem to have it Sarah why is that??) Our favourite line which we now use for everything is "a cornucopia of awesomeness"....

Too funny!!!

Anonymous said...

Lol...I loved that!

Anonymous said...

When I saw that comercial I started making fun of him. It's so easy to make fun of cape breton accents.

Anonymous said...

It is a really funny commerical - maybe a little politically incorrect - but funny non- the less.

Sonya.

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed the commercial. Sorry, but I didn't see anything there that made me think it was politically incorrect. Nissan has a commercial where the salesperson has a heavy Newfoundland accent and is using plenty of NL jargon. Someone asked me once if (as a Newfoundlander) I was offended--absolutely not. Why would I be offended or embarrassed by our culture?? It's who we are and I'm darn proud of that. Also, I think if you don't have a good sense of humour you don’t have much 'goin’ for ya’...LOL!!

Anonymous said...

ahha yeah I loved it too! I loved that he reminded me of so many people I know from CB. Honestly, I wish I had a CB accent - even though what sounds "friendly" to me probably sounds "unintelligent" to others :)

Anonymous said...

Hey, Sarah!! Unfortunately, I don't have speakers on my computer at work, so...can't really get the full-effect!! Gotta love the "big news" in the Maritimes, though, eh?! Way to go, Cape Breton...

Anyways...hope you have a great weekend, friend...saw Benj and Lee-anne and Kyler last weekend -- first time I saw him since he was about 2 weeks old -- he looked quite different! What a cutie!!

Talk to ya later!

Anonymous said...

I think this commercial is so funny. I don't think it needs to be analyzed so much, just have a laugh, and fit in the phrase "cornucopia of awesomeness" into your daily life as much as possible!!

Mark & Cheryl said...

I think this commercial is great! Whether you love it or hate it, it did give CB some national attention...with some nice shots of our famous scenery thrown in. I just want to point out that this kid intentionally exaggerated his accent for the commercial (as it says in The Herald article)...so not all Cape Bretoners' sound like this! Oh, and I heard that the actor from the NFLD car commercial was actually a CB'er...go figure!

Anonymous said...

Funny!

I recognize that kid talking...and I'm trying to figure out how!