Jamin's bro, Jonny was here on the weekend. While he was here we played Settlers of Catan a few times. After Jamin bragged to us about his long winning streak, Jonny & I both beat him (Jamin did win as well)!I love playing games. Cards, Taboo, Guestures, Settlers, & Rook are among my favorites. I can be quite competitive, although I think I'm starting to mellow a bit.
What about you? Do you like playing games? Which one(s)?


8 comments:
Great games! I played a new one over Christmas called "Taxis and Thurnum." A European game, kinda like Settlers but less competitive. Its about building mailpost routes. Interesting.
There is nothing like sitting around with a group of friends/family and playing a game. It seems to bring out a different side that you don't always get to see. I like Rook, Dutch Blitz and Boggle to name a few.
I love playing games too! I like the same ones you do like cards, cranium and taboo, and we just leared a new card game in Montana called spoons! A bunch of people sit around the table and you put as many spoons as there are people, minus one. So if 5 people are playing, 4 spoons are in the middle of the table. You pass around a cards until one person gets all 4 of the same suit, then everyone tries to grabs a spoon and the person who doesn't get a spoon is out! It can become pretty physical haha, and I've heard of tables breaking over it. In Montana, we had to move to the floor because it became a bit too physical ;)
Giselle, I've played spoons before and it's pretty fun! It can get pretty crazy, huh!?! :)
ROOK! that would definately be my favorite card game...and i happen to know this great dealer...she happens be be a cousin of mine :)
also, i enjoy games that involve yelling, such as taboo, outburst, catch phrase and charades.
i look forward to the next time i get to sit around a table with all my favorite cousins/aunts/grammies/poppies/ and siblings to play rook. i miss you both so much and i can't wait to meet naomi!
I also love playing games! We've played a few over Christmas. I got Taboo for Christmas (a new favorite) and Jonathan got Dutch Blitz and a Hockey Night in Canada Trivia...so we're set with new games for a while. I must say the ones I like best are cards, Rook, Taboo, Apples to Apples, and Dutch Blitz.
I'm very competitive, but I'm trying to be less so. I really enjoy tarabish, Apples to Apples, Boulderdash, Monopoly (although I usually lose), and Cranium.
Mary
Jody and I are huge ROOK fans. We used to play all the time, 'til we lost our buddies to play with..lol. It is the only game I could ever get Jody to play, but not many people know how to play it.
Post a Comment