Before Christmas Jamin spent some time working on the basement...we're getting close to completion. Naomi gave him a few pointers...
We stayed in Halifax for Christmas this year. It was a nice, quiet Christmas. We had a nice breakfast and then opened our gifts. Naomi enjoyed the wrapping paper as much as her presents :) Later that day we went to the Sutherlands house for Christmas dinner....yum! Thanks for having us!
We stayed in Halifax for Christmas this year. It was a nice, quiet Christmas. We had a nice breakfast and then opened our gifts. Naomi enjoyed the wrapping paper as much as her presents :) Later that day we went to the Sutherlands house for Christmas dinner....yum! Thanks for having us!
Naomi & I on Christmas eve, heading to church.
Ainsley & Naomi playing on Christmas.On Boxing Day we headed for Cape Breton. We celebrated Christmas with my family that evening. Naomi loved all of her toys from Grampie & Nana!
The week was busy with fun activities leading up to Peter & Janine's wedding. On Wednesday night we went out to Boston Pizza for her personal shower. Mmmmmm....
The week was busy with fun activities leading up to Peter & Janine's wedding. On Wednesday night we went out to Boston Pizza for her personal shower. Mmmmmm....
Mom, Mary & I
Collen (Janine's mom), Jodi (Janine's sister), & JanineThat same night Jamin went camping with a bunch of the guys. He looked kind of funny all ready to go! They had a great time out under the stars that night. Not my idea of a good time, but they seemed to enjoy it! When all the guys were gone, the girls hung out for a bit...what a nice looking bunch!
On Thursday night Cheryl had the old Cape Breton crew (+ those who married in!) over to her place. It was soooo good to see everyone. I love my friends from home; there is something really special about them.
Elliot, Danielle, Michelle, me, Cheryl, Amanda, Margaret, Gracie-Lea, & AmberI had the priviledge to be in Janine's wedding party. She spoiled us! On Friday we all went and had our nails done...not just fingernails, but toes too! How fun is that!? I had never had a pedicure before...Jamin hopes I'm not addicted! We also did hair & make-up (another first for me) on Saturday before the wedding. Janine made sure we looked our best :) Thanks!!

Friday night was the rehearsal & dinner at Don Cherry's. Jamin & Eric ate so many wings they could hardly walk afterwards! They were funny to watch trying to outeat one another :)



Saturday was the big day! The wedding was sooo beautiful. Just over 50 people in attendance, it was very intimate. It was nice to see family & friends there for the special day. I'm not an emotional person, but I'll admit, I did have some tears in my eyes watching Peter & Janine get married. I love my brother very much and am so happy he has found such a wonderful wife. Janine looked beautiful of course. I wish I had a picture of her shoes to show you too! Soo pretty! The day went well and I think everyone enjoyed themselves. I should have taken some pics of all the food! It was delicious. Their meal had a palate cleanser...who has ever heard of such a thing!? I learned something new! Congrats to Peter & Janine!




Here is a pic of our babysitters! They looked after Naomi while we were doing wedding stuff. Let's just say it wasn't an easy task as Naomi is lately just wanting her mommy all the time! Thanks so much Amanda & Jeff...we really appreciate it!That pretty much concludes our vacation. We had a quiet New Year's with a couple of people dropping by. We got to see Margaret & Tyler and say "bye for now". They have headed out west today. I don't think it has sunk in yet for me that she's not just a car ride away anymore....
Happy New Year to everyone! Are you making a resolution? I usually do, but I have hardly had time to think about it. I'll keep you posted!






13 comments:
Sounds like you had a busy holiday! That photo of you and Naomi is so beautiful. You girls all looked amazing! I love weddings. I can't wait for Naomi's!!! Hunter's that is!
Glad to hear your holiday update! Sounds like you had lots of fun. Thanks for the wedding pictures, they're beautiful!
Glad you guys had a great week. The wedding pics are beautiful, you look great Sarah! I love Naomi's dress to. Talk to you soon!
Martin and I would like to wish you and your family all the best in 2007. Seems like you guys had a busy holiday with family and friends at home and in CB. Thanks for sharing those pictues with us and the bride looked so pretty. Hope they have a wonderful life together.
Happy New Year from the Seaboyer's!
Great update...you certainly had a busy holiday. Janine & the wedding party looked beautiful. I was speaking with Janine's aunt Helen who told me you did a great job as emcee :) Of course!
It was great seeing you guys! Happy New Year!
Wow, what a busy week you've had. What a beautiful family photo. I'm glad the dress worked for Naomi. She looked like a little princess. I can't believe how big she is getting. It seems like she has really taken off these last couple months. Happy New Year Barrett's! Looking forward to more frequent playdates in the new year.
Someone really important is missing in that photo of all the girls, but I just can't put my finger on who it is...
Hi Sarah!
I just skimmed the update, but I love the pics!!! We are in Erie PA at the moment, so it's nice to see all those friendly faces, even if they are on the computer screen!!
LOve you guys.
Jacki, I know what you're saying...I think it was the girl who took the pics...now, what was her name again?? :)
Love all the pics - and congrats to ur brother & janine! Thanks for the holiday card btw - that's a beautiful family pic - it's on our fridge! :) Happy New Year!
Wow...I was in eight of those pictures! I love making it on the blog. :) Thanks!
It was awesome having you home over the holidays, I love you guys!
Love, Mary
Jamin and Sarah, I just found your blog through Barry's. It's so fun to see pictures of you guys and hear some of what you are up to. Naomi is precious! I would love to see her!
All is well with us in Boston. Our church is growing like crazy.
Amy (Taylor) Douglas
Hey Sarah- good posting...your holiday seems busy and full and fun. Congrats to your bro- weddings are fun...and I love having my hair and nails done! Naomi is looking cuter all the time and you look great, too- nice to see all you girls together- Danielle and Margaret and you...I miss seeing all you guys around, we're all in such different worlds now- husbands and babies...we knew it was gonna happen one day but now it's really here! I only have 3 months to go before baby's here- crazy!! Take care you 3, God Bless,
dee><>:)
Post a Comment