Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Random thoughts, etc.

(*Note: This is a random pic from the internet, not a pic of the sextuplets discussed below)
  • Did you hear about the sextuplets born in Vancouver on Monday? Wow. Can you imagine having SIX babies!?!? Did you know that only 160 cases of sextuplets have ever been documented? This is Canada's first. If I had 6 babies I would be asking my parents, Jamin's parents & basically anyone who wanted to, to move in to my house!
  • Jamin in now in a car pool. I guess it's not really a car "pool" since Jamin doesn't drive; he just gives money. It's great for me because I have the car everyday now! Not that I go somewhere everyday, but it's nice to have the option.
  • This does NOT feel like winter. The weather has been awesome lately. I hope this keeps up.
  • I went to Tara's baby shower the other night. It was lots of fun. I won two prizes :) The food was fantastic. I love food. I am a big eater. I thank God for food.
  • Heard this the other day. "If you have something you're not using, get rid of it." I thought it was a great statement. If I have something that I don't use and probably will never use, why hold on to it? So, I went through my closet the other day and have a wack of clothes I never wear to get rid of. Some are from high school! It felt good to purge. I think I'll tackle Jamin's clothes (with his input of course) next.
  • I talked to Margaret the other night. They are now in Edmonton. I keep thinking that she's just on vacation. I miss not being able to call her as easy all time time. I might have to look into long distance...
I think those are all my latest thoughts/news.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love going through all my clothes. I'm excited to get all of our stuff out of storage so I can go through it. I can't even remember what else I used to wear before we went away. I hope I'll be able to see it with fresh eyes and get rid of a lot of stuff.

Just let me know if you can't find anyone to give your old clothes to. :)

Mary

Anonymous said...

i wonder how many of those sextuplet biths involved invitofertilization...? i have a size 32 waist if jamin is throwing out any good jeans.

pete tattrie

Anonymous said...

okay...i'm mad, 'cause I just wrote you this long comment, and...it wouldn't post...so...you're just getting a short one now (I'm taking my wrath for the internet out on you...my apologies!!)...grrr....

Anonymous said...

sorry...that "anonymous" is actually from me, Kristi...

The Barretts said...

Mary, they are all yours.

Pete, I'll see what we end up with :)

Anonymous said...

I think I'm going to go do what you just did and purge the things we really don't need or use. This is after we moved and we did alot before moving from hfx as well. You sure can hold on to a lot of stuff over the years, we're so bad for it as well.

Hopefully the things I feel the need to get rid of can go to someone else that can use the items or they're headed for the garbage.

Unknown said...

I don't think I could even have twins. I admire anyone who can take care of more then one baby..lol. I saw on the news that this particular birth in Vancouver is not invitro..WOW!

I need to purge, as well. I usually do with the change of season, but you know how it is after you have a baby. You want to hold on to the stuff you will fit into again...I hate the transition stage..lol.

Anonymous said...

I'd move in and help with the babies!

I think it'd be kinda cool to have that many babies at once. Especially with all the media attention! Okay... maybe I just like attention.

Margaret... I miss her. I missed her last fall too.

kim said...

I totally agree... if I had more than one baby at a time, I would definitely be looking for people to move in with us. WOW!!!
and I am totally in the mood to get rid of stuff, but haven't been able to find time. I want to reorganize.... I am thinking my mom will have to come on up for a few days so I can actually get something done. Life with 3 pre schoolers is a little busy;)

Anonymous said...

6 babies at once...no thanks! One baby with a case of thrush that keeps coming back is enough for me to deal with!

Getting rid of clutter is always rewarding, we ditched a lot of stuff when we bought this house.

The Harts said...

I love getting rid of old stuff. We got rid of so much before we moved to Edmonton. It's amazing how much you can collect in only a year!

Anonymous said...

I love purging stuff as well. It always feel so good. Another tip is if there is stuff you have trouble parting with and aren't sure if you will wear but think you might. Put it at the end of your closet say on the right hand side. Whenever you put anything back after wearing and washing put it on the left and keep doing that and then when you need to go through your clothes you can tell exactly which ones you haven't wore. Hope that makes sense.

Heather.

Anonymous said...

Yes, purging is very theraputic. We brought about 3 truckloads of stuff to the Sally Ann before we moved. I may have been a little over-enthusiastic with some things...oh well.

The Barretts said...

Interesting, Angela. And yes, you should start up your blog again! Let me know if you do :)