Thursday, April 05, 2007

70 minutes....

...of my life was spent tonight on hold with Clearly Contacts. By accident (don't ask) I placed 5 orders that I didn't want placed for contact lenses. I got all of these emails confirming my orders and I freaked out! Well, I didn't really freak out, but I knew I'd better call to cancel them rather than have years worth of contacts delivered to my door. (In case you're wondering, I didn't pay for them..I guess I would have to pay on delivery). Anyway, I called and got placed on hold until the next representative was available. I put them on speaker phone and for the next 70 minutes learned all about eyes. Anyway, I guess it was closing time because I got a message asking me to leave a message. I actually starting laughing and left them a message. Can you believe that!? 70 minutes and then I get voicemail!??! Anyway, all Jamin & I could do was laugh....

Would you ever even wait that long? I guess having the speaker phone option helped because I got a lot of stuff done while waiting. Do you have any stories about calling these help lines?

6 comments:

Sandalina said...

I'm impatient. I wouldn't wait. No way. You must have "the patience of Job". lol

Happy Easter! :)

K & G said...

Oooh Sarah. I feel your pain, I really do. I have been on "hold" so many times within the last few months with furniture companies (i.e., Leons, the Brick, Sears), and I HATE it. I am impatient as well, and one time I waited on hold for a good 40 minutes, a customer service rep answered the phone and I told her my reasons for calling and she hung up on me!! I couldn't believe it. So I called back, waited on hold again, and got the same girl (I knew it was her b/c I was sure she was the only Lindsey there that sounded like a man) and then she even denied it. Argh...customer service is so bad in Calgary. I could go on and on about this haha but I wont take up any more space on your blog!

Anonymous said...

Call it determination or just plain CRAZY, I would have absolutely stayed on hold. Hey you're getting all of those contacts you don't want and would have to pay for. There have been many times that I've stayed on hold only to have my call dropped. Not good. I just purchased a new speaker phone, so it will make my "hold time" more enjoyable. Standing with the receiver to your ear- no fun! If you look on the bright side atleast your hold was educational, I usually only get some boring elevator music.

Anonymous said...

Wow-70 minutes is a long time! I am not sure I'd be able to handle that. I suppose its easier once you put them on speaker phone.

Kevin, Sonya, Claire & Max said...

Hi Sarah! Eyes are a topic I am intimately familar with - given Kevin's profession. I think that it is good that at least you got to learn about eyes rather than just listening to Phil Collins over and over again, for 70 minutes.

My best story about being on hold actually happened while I was esleep. I am a very deep sleeper. One night I left the tv turned on and feel esleep (which I dont normally do) and I awoke to find the phone in my hand and the operator saying "hello", apparently one of those late night comercials had come on and repeatly said, call this no (and in my sleep I had called it) and the frustrated operator woke me up!

I hope you get your money back!

JWo said...

That is a long time - however, when it comes to money issues, I would stay on the line as long as it takes and speaker phones definitely helps!

I must say that since coming to the East coast, I found waiting times to be longer, but I have learned to be more patient instead of complaining. I'm glad that you and Jamin could laugh at the end of it all as I don't know if I could myself. 70 minutes and then the voice mail? I think I would be giving them a piece of my mind on the voice mail!! =)