Monday, April 02, 2007

Will it last?


I joined Facebook a few week ago or so. It's pretty cool. What's been neat is being able to connect with people that I've lost touch with (ex. from high school, university, home, etc.) It's neat, but I'm not sure that I'll still be interested in it in 6 months from now. Maybe I will...maybe I won't.

Are you on Facebook? Do you think you'll still be all about it in 6 months? I guess only time will tell...

12 comments:

barry-eh said...

I've been on facebook for over a year now. Its one of those things that comes and goes. All of a sudden an old friend will appear and then you're hooked on it for a bit longer. Another way to be connected to friends...another way to become mad, insane and addicted.

Bryan said...

I'm on Facebook. I expect I'll still be on it in 6 months, but it won't be an addiction like it is now.

I wonder when they'll add instant messaging and a video posting capabilities to it?

K & G said...

hehe, I get bored of things like this quickly... but I like how I can connect with old friends so easily... Right now I only check it to add new friends or look at new pics friends have added, so come six months, I'll probably check it once in a while.

Anonymous said...

Hey Sarah. I read your blog all the time and felt like I should comment at some point (I'm Bryan's sister). I've been on Facebook for a while now. I think whether you're still on it in 6 months will depend on how you use it. My church group uses it extensively to plan events, so it's worth checking.

And it does have video diary capabilities as of this morning.

Sandalina said...

It's a fad. It will pass.

Blogging is fading away for me too...

Once it's warm outside and I have this baby, I have a feeling I won't have much time for the computer!

beth konrath said...

facebooks pretty good i guess .. i think it'll be popular for a little longer, and then fade.
i personally like myspace better! haha
hope you see you soon .. i STILL havent met Naomi !! :(

Anonymous said...

I still haven't spent much time on facebook...whenever I do go on it, I feel like I'm either requesting or confirming a friend, but...haven't been too good to actually write to that 'friend' after confirming...too stressful...too impersonal for being something that's supposed to connect you to people...just the same ol' small-talk, it seems...I like blogging better...you get to find out a little more details about people reading their blog...
I don't know -- I'm not sure I'm sold yet -- but...it is cool to get re-connected with people, but...lack of time makes me not really feel all that 'connected' to people on facebook anyways...so....(why am I writing such a long, ridiculous comment?!)...

Anyways...perhaps we can discuss this further this weekend!! ha ha!! CAn't wait to see you guys! What day are you coming over?!

heather said...

yes i think that i will still be on facebook in 6 months...though i dont use it that much. I mostly just like to see how many friends i can find...and posting pics from lots of differnt times in my life...

Unknown said...

OK, I feel like I am getting old and stuck in my ways, but I really can't get into Facebook. I am a blog-girl. Facebook seems so "surface", while blogging is much more interesting...I do agree it's fun finding with people I haven't seen in ages, though.

Alex and Cass said...

I like facebook (like so many) because it has brought me into contact with highschool friends and there is even a LOGOS II group so I have been updated on their lives. I've only been using it for a few weeks but already check it less. Like Sandy once it gets nicer outside I plan to enjoy it! I do love looking at the photos...I think I'll still be checking in 6 months...

Unknown said...

I am really enjoying it, too. I think it will be like Blogger for me. I will get bored of it sometimes, but will come back when something sparks my interest..lol.

Anonymous said...

Too funny that your wrote about this. Just today I sat with my baby sister Patricia as she was showing me her pics on facebook and how easy it was to get started. I haven't registered yet, as I just signed up with Ringo. A friend from high school sent me pics through Ringo and I signed up. Facebook does look more comprehensive.

Michelle