Sunday, April 15, 2007

Pay @ the Pump

The other day I was filling up our car with gas at our local gas station. I looked at the girl next to me. She was about 30 years old. I looked at the guy on the other side. About 40 years old. We all finished filling up at about the same time. Then, I got into my car because I used pay at the pump. The girl & the guy both went inside to pay. (I told the ages just because I find that usually it's the older people that don't use pay at the pump and these guys were both "younger")

Now I realize that maybe they had to buy something, but probably not. Why don't people use pay at the pump!?! It's super easy and so convenient. Jamin & I wouldn't even bother going to a gas station if it didn't have pay at the pump (unless we were travelling and didn't have many options).

Do you use it? If not, why not?

(If you need help on doing it, just ask...I'll be glad to provide some directions!)

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Yeah, I am pretty much a pay at the pump girl...Tyler gets the gas most of the time, though, and he's also a pay at the pump fan. The only time we haven't used pay at the pump when it was available was to get an airmiles deal or something like that with a coupon.
Maybe these "young" non-pump-payers like paying with cash???

Anonymous said...

I'd be afraid the other customers around me thought I didn't pay and did a "gas and dash".

Anonymous said...

I don't use pay at the pump because I enjoy the human interaction.

Mary

Tamara, Matt, Bethany and Madelyn said...

I always use pay at the pump. I was a fan before Bethany was born, but now it's a must to pay at the pump when I have her in the car. Saves dragging her out of her carseat. And I'm like you, don't see the point of going in when you don't have to, unless you had something else to get or had cash.

Anonymous said...

Pay at the pump, for sure. partly 'cause its so easy, and partly 'cause sometimes I don't feel like chatting with old co-workers ( I usually get the gas at the Esso where I used to work!)...but when I DO pay inside, its usually 'cause I WANT to chat with my old co-workers. Interesting post, though...havin worked at a gas station, I couldn't believe all the people who would pay inside...even in terrible weather!!! Also, its much easier for the people who WORK at gas stations when people pay outside. So...kudos to you!! The human interaction comment, though...I get that, too...we are definetely becoming a self-serve generation....

Anyways...Hope you're having a good Monday!! (I am not a fan of MOndays, myself!!) But...I'm going home to eat lunch in a minute, which brings me a little bit of happiness on an otherwise gloomy Monday morning!!

Anonymous said...

well truthfully, i don't ever get gas:). i think the last time i got gas was, well i can't even remember:)... but what i do miss from canada is where you can have someone serve you:). you know, pump your gas. they don't do taht here, i think it is worth the extra few cents... hope yall are doing great. i love you guys!! Shira

JWo said...

It's all about paying at the pump! Easy, quick, convenient, and less time (cause you don't have to wait in a line)! Great for an introvert like me. ;)

K & G said...

I pay @ the pump when I don't need anything from the store, and pay inside when I do. Last time I paid inside someone put an extra 5 bux gas in their gas can from my tank thingie, and I ended up forking it out! :P

Tara and Aaron Spencer said...

I agree with you Sarah that PATP is the best way to go. Aaron took awhile to get on the wagon with me but a long trip to NYC with a lot of gas stops confirmed why he likes it now!

barry-eh said...

I use it all the time. I shop at Safeway and get a fuel discount, plus use my Safeway Club card and get 7 cents off the regular price. The only time I go inside to pay is if I'm lonely and want someone to talk to.

Anonymous said...

I pretty much pay at the pump.. unless I am at Canadian Tire!! I don't have Canadian Tire credit card so if you don't pay inside you won't get your Canadian Tire money, which I might add.. adds up with their 7-10x coupon deals. Don't laugh it is worth it.. my last few months Crappy Tire money got me a nice free standing umbrella for outside!