So yesterday I was driving home from running some errands, when I felt the car start to drive "funny". I thought maybe I had a flat tire or something, so I pulled into a gas station. I did a quick check and everything looked fine to my expert eyes :) I was only a few minutes from home, so I thought I'd keep going. About 2 minutes later I heard a 'ssssssssss' sound and felt a tire go flat for sure! I pulled over right away.So, no cell phone, Naomi is in the back, and I don't really know how to change a tire (even though Dad showed me 10 years ago..) What will I do? I first check the tires..yup...definitely a flat. Then I stand by the car looking around for a house to go to. None really close. Within 2 seconds a van with a guy drives up, rolls down the window and asks if I need a hand. I nod..yes, please!
This guy named Terrance or Terry (I couldn't hear well with all the traffic) proceeds to change my tire. Super nice guy. Anyway, we get to chatting and, of course, he is originally from Cape Breton! We actually knew a few of the same people! Anyway, thanks to my new friend I was able to drive home safely. What a blessing! Thank God for Capers!! :)
Oh, and I think I have a problem...while this was all going on, all I could think was "I wish I had my camera...what a great blog!" ehhehhehe (the pic you see is just one I found online)


8 comments:
yikes! Sarah if only you'd had your camera!! Glad to know you and Naomi are okay. I, too, often rely on the kindenss of strangers! although I guess in your case you made a fast CB connection!!
Capers are definately some of the most friendly people! I love bumping into fellow Capers in AB :) Glad you & Naomi were safe...I wouldn't have a clue how to change a flat either! Hey, was the guy Terrance MacLeod by any chance? :)
I was gonna say, that's not a VW tire!
Get the man to show you how to change a flat!
Nope....not Terrance MacLeod. I don't know his last name. He was from Inverness...
yay for capers!!
Thanks to the kindess of a stranger and a Caper, glad to see you got back on the road.I've been in this situation only once and not very pleasant either. Though you were close to home and what a surprise to find out he knew people you know.
Hey and I thought that was your car! Just goes to show you can't believe everything you see. Glad to hear you guys were okay. That guy was so nice to stop and help out.
It is amazing how friendly and helpful people are in good ol' Nova Scotia! I am glad you are both okay. And I am glad that it worked out so well for you... I can only imagine the thoughts initially racing through your mind, having Naomi with you and not really knowing how to change the tire! Kudos to Terrance!
Post a Comment