I was tidying up around the house today a bit. When I got to our bedroom (note: that picture above is not our room), I put away my clothes, Jamin vacuumed the floor, but we did not make the bed. I rarely do.Here is my reasoning:
-I nap a lot of mornings, so why make it when I'm going to get back in it.
-By the time I'm up from my nap, it's not that long before we go to bed for the night (okay, maybe 10 hrs or so....).
-We have a duvet and even when you make the bed, it doesn't look that neat.
-No one usually sees it but Jamin & I.
How about you? Do you make your bed?
In an unrelated note, for my records, today Naomi sat up from being on her belly for the first time. She has also taken a few crawls forward, but I wouldn't say she can really crawl yet. Also, today she tried asparagus and HATED it! hehehe..it was funny to watch!
Here she is eating peas...a happy face...the usual face when eating...
And today with her asparagus..ick!
And today with her asparagus..ick!



8 comments:
As for making the bed....yes, I do make our bed. It is something my mom built into my brain! I dont do it immediately though...when I do my morning clean up I do. However, that may change when I start working again! Then it won't get made until the end of the day. There is just something about climbing into a made bed!
Naomi-too cute. The peas look enjoyable...but not the asparagus! I can't blame her though! Its exciting to hear she is getting closer to be independent!
This is a subject I feel strongly about, lol. I am an anti-bedmaker. I know it makes the room look neater...but it's just going to get messed up again at night. I really hate sleeping in a made bed, I have to mess it all up to get comfortable.
I make my bed everyday before leaving the house. I feel it looks more inviting that way (or vice versa). It's easier to get into at night properly. Also, living in a one storey house, people are forever touring our home.
WELLLLLL, I used to be a firm believer in bedmaking. I used to be quite the obsessed housecleaner, in general. Right up until Luke turned 2 and I went back to work. NOW...it has all gone to pot. NOW...I am too big and pregnant to care if the things in my cupboards look like tiny little soldiers standing at attention...which I was once told they were. When Luke takes a nap, I take a few minutes to tidy up where necessary and then take the rest of the hours to relax by myself. Yes, I have slacked off TREMENDOUSLY! I have actually looked into a maid service for once a month..just to give myself a much deserved break. And, gosh darn it...all mothers should..lol!
i make my bed and i'm glad you guys had a good laugh with the car-in-ditch incident. sorry i missed it!
I was thinking about this blog when I went to bed last night. I think I am a strange bird. I may not make the bed when I get up in the morning but I have to make it before I crawl into it at night. It seems like such a waste but there is just something about getting into a bed with the sheets neat and tidy.
Nope, don't make the bed. Unless a stranger is going to see it.
Well, since this is Al's and my blog I guess I will have to answer for the both of us. I am assuming that Al is not much of a bed maker. I say this because I am generally the one who makes the bed. Now this does not bother me in the slightest because I am, and have always been a bed maker. It is the first thing I do to start my day. Not to mention, we live in a shoebox apartment and if the someone wants to use our bathroom, they actually need to go into our bedroom....I think Al also mentioned something to the effect that when he got out of bed and into the shower his mom would have it made before he actually dried off....look what I am up against!!!
Post a Comment