Monday, March 13, 2006

We're home....

First off, thanks to Mr. Stow for doing the big update...I think now you need to start your own blog! Think about it...you're a natural...after all, look how many comments you generated! :)

So, we're home from the hospital....I was in blogging withdrawal :) We're all doing well. As I type, Jamin & Naomi are asleep downstairs on the couch...toooooooo cute!Thanks to everyone for your congratulation comments. It is such a blessing to be able to share this experience with all of you. Jamin & I feel SOOOO blessed by God for all of our family & friends. We had so many visitors, phone calls, & emails over the weekend and we really appreciate it. I could also sense your prayers while in labour and that helped get me through (along with Jamin's excellent coaching!).

We are sooooo in love with Naomi Elizabeth Barrett!! What a blessing! The last few days have been awesome! She's doing really well with all of her major responsibilities...feeding, sleeping, crying, dirtying diapers, etc.! What more could we ask :) Before I show more pics...here are a few of the things of my mind:
1) The human body is amazing
2) Prayer works
3) Great things are greater when shared with family & friends

That's all for now...in the meantime, here are a few pictures to look at...oh, and I'm 99% sure we have our Tim Horton's winner, but I need to recheck things before the big announcement! (I know...the suspense is more than you can handle....!)

Here is a pic of Jamin & Naomi minutes after she was born...Here she is weighing in....look at those volleyball legs, arms, & fingers!!This is her earlier today..."hmmm....should I be a model or the prime minister...I have so much potential..."
"Or maybe I'll just keeping playing air piano...."Enjoy...and you know there will be more pictures to come!!!

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sarah, I am soooooooo happy for you. Naomi is TOTALLY adorable! But then, how could she not be with such cuties for parents! By the way, LOVE Jamin's vintage 't' in the hospital shots, Naomi will enjoy those later! he he he

Patty :-)

Anonymous said...

Ahhh she is so cute!!! So glad to hear you are both home now. Congratulations again she really is a a little blessing. Wish I was closer so I could stop by for a visit but the pictures are definitely helping to make up for it!!!

Enjoy parenthood, you will both be great parents and Naomi is very lucky to have you guys!!!

Anonymous said...

I miss her already. It was so nice to be able to come and see her in the hospital. Jamin and Naomi are indeed adorable in their sleeping cuddle. Give her a kiss for me and call when you need me or just want to gab!

The Harts said...

Those are really cute pictures. It's great to hear that you are home and it looks like Jamin and Naomi are adjusting quickly!! I can't wait to see all 3 of you on the weekend!

Unknown said...

Too, too, too cute. I think I need to move next door to you guys!! Do you need a Nanny?

joe and gem said...

yet another example of the phenomenon that cape bretoner babies are WAY cuter than any other kind. I think it must be the water.
gem

The Cari's said...

Oh my goodness!!!! I can't beieve it, congradulations guys! We are getting super pumped now that we have heard news of and seen your little Naomi. Excited to hear that all is well, see you soon.
PS - Any advise for me Jamin?

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!
thanks for letting me hold the baby. as for gemma's comments, im pretty sure this baby counts as an island baby as that is where dad is from.

pete t

Jeff and Amanda said...

Such cute pictures! They will be so nice to look back on. So, I dont usually like babies...but I love yours!!!! hahaha Not sure if its because she's yours or if its because she's an island baby! haha
Keep the pictures coming! Congrats again, Amanda~

Rachel said...

She is just perfect! You must feel so blessed to have a beautiful and healty little girl! I can't wait to cuddle with her! It's so crazy that I already love her so much, and I haven't even met her yet!

K & G said...

Awww. Beautiful pictures!!! She looks so peaceful sleeping with her daddy. Keep the pic's coming! :)

Anonymous said...

Sarah and Jamin,
I'm so happy for you--your darling little girl--I love her name--nice that you had her on a Friday (same as Margaret, with the same birth weight too!) What a precious gift, God always gives more than we could ask or think.
My love to you three.
Marion

Anonymous said...

Sarah and Jamin
You guys look great and little Naomi is beautiful and there is no other word for her. You are truely blessed and so is she.
Congrats guys!!
I will be praying for you!!!!!
Love
Alisha

Anonymous said...

Congrats Jamin & Sarah !!
Welcome to Baby Naomi.
Just want to say hello and wish you all the best in this new venture of parenthood. You'll be great. Can't wait to meet the newest Barrett. Kevin & Carolyn

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the birth of your beautiful little girl! We are very happy to see your pictures and read about little Naomi! You have a perfect little family! Jeff is glad to hear he is now not the youngest Barrett!! Best wishes from Calgary. WISH WE COULD HOLD NAOMI!

Anonymous said...

What an absolutely beautiful baby!! I'm SO glad you posted pictures, I've been waiting anxiously! I cannot wait to see Naomi :) If you ever need a babysitter I'll seriously drive to Halifax to do it!
I know you two will be excellent parents!!
Much Love!

The Chocolate Lady said...

congratulations on becomming parents! she's so cute and everything you imagined before giving birth. What a wonderful blessing that God has brought you. All the best, enjoy parenthood you'll make wonderful parents.

Anonymous said...

What a precious little package!! I am so happy for you....and jealous for Elsie - I can't wait to be a grandma too! She just bubbles on the phone just talking about little Naomi. So glad to hear all went well and sounds like you both are adjusting quickly to this parenthood. May God continue to bless. Sarah, enjoy Daddy's extra help these days when he's home while you can - get all the rest you can. Continue with the pictures - love the digital camera! Love, Aunt Ethel

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on a healthy delivery! She's absolutely adorable! Love the photos, they were the talk of the office on Monday.

We miss you!

Carrie

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your bundle of joy! She is beautiful.

All the best,
Amy M.