Monday, September 18, 2006

Akeelah and the Bee

I'm not really a "movie person". I don't watch a lot of movies and generally I don't enjoy movies. Most of the time I feel like I wasted 2 hours of my life. A lot of movies these days make me feel yucky after watching them. That's just me. I know a lot of people love movies and can even watch the same one over & over. I pick TV over movies 9 times out of 10. Anyway...the point of this rant is to tell you that I watched a movie I really liked! You guessed it...Akeelah and the Bee!

I liked this movie because it was "clean", made me feel good, and it flew by! That's the mark of a movie I like...it goes by quickly because I'm enjoying it so much.

Have you seen it? Did you like it? It's my pick of the month :)

6 comments:

K & G said...

Hey Sarah,
I haven't seen that movie but it does look cute! I'll have to check it out sometime. A movie Kent and I went to see this past weekend was invincible. It's definately a "feel good" movie and it's by Disney, so it's clean :) Check it out when it comes on video.

Sandalina said...

I am not a movie person either! When Shane suggests going to a movie, I try to think of something else to do.

I do have a few faves though that I could watch over and over:

Funny Farm (with Chevy Chase)
Love Story
Father of the Bride

and my all time favorite: Dirty Dancing.

Unknown said...

Well, as you know, I am a movie fan. Used to be a bit of a junkie, actually...though that might have had a lot to do with the popcorn...
I'm glad you liked this movie (especially since I recommended it!!). I also enjoyed it thoroughly, two thumbs up!

The Sutherland's said...

I wouldn't say I love movies but now that Ainsley has arrived and we only have country cable, I am learning to enjoy them a lot more. I too enjoy a good, clean, feel good movie. Did you see the Notebook from a few years back?

The Barretts said...

Kelly, I didn't see The Notebook..I heard it was sad, so I opted out...did you like it?

Tara and Aaron Spencer said...

I am glad that you enjoyed the movie. Margaret and I picked it out but I think Aaron and Tyler really enjoyed it too.