Friday, September 22, 2006

S.O.S.

In this case, that actually stands for "Singles on Silva"! Yes, we went on a singles' cruise last night!!! We are blocking part of the sign in the picture above, but that's what it says.Here's the story. As you know, Tuesday was Jillian's birthday. Our Thursday night bible study wanted to celebrate and since Stephen is the captain of the Silva, he got us on for free! Wahoo!!! Since Thursday night is when we meet, we decided to go on the boat on a Thursday night. (Last night was also Ian's last night with us...he's heading back to school in Ireland. We'll miss you!) The only thing was that last night's cruise was a singles' cruise! heheheh...oh well, we decided to go anyway, and just stick together.

First we met @ the Stow's place where I thought we were having dinner...whoops...we weren't. So Jamin & I came starving and demanding food. Luckily they had a pizza they could pop in the oven. Thanks guys! Then we went on our singles' cruise. Afterwards we headed back to the Stows for some delicious cake and a fun game (I forget what it's called..help me out, Kelley!)

A VERY special thanks to Kelly & Jamie for looking after Naomi! It was so nice to be able to go out for the night.Here's the hottie I met on the boat
The ladies: Jill, Ashley, moi, Kelley
Andrew is either dancing or pointing at somethingSpeaking of dancing...things got a little crazy with a dance party on the Silva! Look what happens to Tom when Amanda is not around!! (she had to work).
(note: I actually staged this dance party for the pic...hehehe)Captain Stephen Stow. He wasn't actually working last night, but still let us have a chance to steer the boat!! I think we were actually just working since we didn't pay :)Tom checking things outLau is afraid we'll hit somethingKelley looking cute as she keeps us on courseJill getting into it! It's harder than you think!! And finally...here is Jill with her yummy bday cake that Stephen made! Happy Birthday, Jillian! Thanks for a great night you guys!!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow that looked like a fun boat ride. I need to get in on some of this single action ;)

Hey are you guys going to Graeme's C&C on thursdays or another one?

Leave me a note on MY new blog :)

Tim

PS. I don't usually pick up pennies but I definitly don't throw them away!

barry-eh said...

You guys crack me up! Keep up the great blogging. I need to get back into it.

The Sutherland's said...

I'm glad you guys had a great time. Bring Naomi by anytime. It's an honour to be able to contribute to the parenting on a dime program. I'm sure we'll be using your services again soon.

Kelley Anne said...

such fun!!! thanks for the photos!!

Tara and Aaron Spencer said...

You guys are always up to some fun, crazy times. You really know how to make a girl feel special on her birthday:)
Happy Birthday jillian!

Sandalina said...

Hmm...I'll have to look through my wedding pictures to see if your captain friend is there! LOL Small world.

Sandalina said...

By the way, the Silva people were AMAZING. Great venue to host a wedding. The people are so kind! :)

Kelley Anne said...

Sarah... I forgot!
The name of the game is "True Colours"!!!