I wasn't sure if this day would come. I fit into most of my old clothes! After having Naomi, NONE of my regular clothes fit, so I put them away in a box in the basement so I wouldn't have to look at them and remember that they didn't fit me. On Sunday, Jamin & I were on greeting rotation at church, so I didn't want to wear jeans or my other casual pants. I do have some skirts that fit, but alas, my legs weren't shaved so that was out. What to wear!?!? I thought I'd give my old dress pants a try so I got Jamin to bring that box upstairs. To my surprise & delight a couple of pairs fit!! I kept going and it seems that most of my old pants fit! Wahoo!!!! After going a few months with a minimal wardrobe, I realized a couple of things:1) I don't need as many clothes as I have.
2) Some of my old clothes are ugly/outdated. When you pull something out for the first time in a long time, you see it with fresh eyes. My eyes were telling me that some of my clothes have got to go!
I had Naomi's 6 month appointment today and it went well. She had her needles and didn't cry at all! She now weighs 17 pounds 3 ounces and is in the 75th percentile for weight now. It seems she's starting to level off. I forgot to ask what her length(height) was, but I do know that she's in the 95th percentile. The Dr. said that it's likely she'll be tall.
Lastly, you made have noticed that our template is different. We had several complaints that our links weren't showing up, so we tried a new template. That didn't fix things. I noticed that this problem happened since we got back from CB. I think it was one of my posts were too big or something. Anyway, if you want to see my links they are at the very bottom of the screen. If you want to move them up, click on September and that gets rid of the big post and they fit where they should. Hope that made sense.


10 comments:
What a cute pic of Naomi. Of course, what pic of her ISN'T cute??
That's weird with the links thing...it must be something in the coding...ah well.
Congrats on the regular clothes. I know it can be a battle to get those last few pounds off. I like Naomi's outfit.
Hey, long-lost friends....I am sooo behind on commenting on blogs, writing e-mails, etc....forgive me! This new job...I'm just not totally in a groove yet, and not finding any "down-time" at work to go on the internet...hopefully soon! Just wanted to say Hi...I tried to browse through several of your entries to catch up on your lives. We'd love to see you guys. We talk often of coming over to visit -- who knows when it will actually happen, but...know that its in our minds. Are you guys coming over any time in the near future?! anyways...miss you guys!! The new job is going pretty good -- just so much to learn! But...I like it better than the last two jobs, that's for sure...better hours, too. anyways...would love to chat, or at least try to keep in touch better. My bad, sorry! Say hi to Jamin and Naomi!!
Congrats on getting into your old clothes. It must have been an exciting moment!
Congratulations on your old clothes. That's excellent. Most women never make it back.
Sarah, keep it up, girl- I'm proud of you. Naomi's some cute. She's changing her looks I find. Looking more like you these days- I'm sure everyone says something different:)
love dee><>
Angela,
I don't have any secret really. I think breastfeeding has helped and I have done some walking. I eat pretty well too I suppose. Overall, I haven't really done anything special though...it just kind of happened!
Good job Sarah! It must feel nice to fit back into your regular clothing. If any woman could do it, I knew it would be you!
Cute pic of Naomi too :)
congrats Sarah! You're looking great!
WOOOHOOOO! Congrats Sarah....although to tell you the truth, its not a shocker! haha
So you were the test for the two of us...I figure since we are about the same,I hope I will be able to do the same someday! 6 months, nothing out of the ordinary....pretty good!
You know...Naomi does look a little different in this pic....
Post a Comment